We at Tek Experts, believe in our team and we want you to be part of us. That means we provide ongoing support for your development and give you exposure to the newest technologies and working environments. We’re a modern, challenging and fast growing, business because of the success of our people. They are smart, curious, client-oriented and results-driven.
What we’re looking for
- Dynamic, passionate and proven people who want to make a positive difference with the people they work with and customers we support. You will have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment where everyone is empowered and committed to delivering the best in industry customer experience. Fluency in English (written and spoken) is a given, as is a ‘can do’ attitude and a thirst to learn and develop professional and soft skills.
Duties and responsibilities
- As a generalist you will work with our Global HR Subject Matter Experts across Compensation and Benefits, Training, Talent Acquisition, Performance Management and Management Development to ensure a robust HR strategy is delivered to our Colorado Springs site. Your role would include the following:
- Assists with the development of Human Resources policies for the company with regard to employee relations.
- Partners with management to communicate Human Resources policies, procedures, programs, and laws.
- Recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation.
- Participates in the conduct of investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth.
- Advises managers and supervisors about the steps in the progressive discipline system of the company. Counsels managers on employment issues.
- Assists with the implementation of company safety and health programs. Tracks and posts OSHA-required data and files reports.
- Complies with all existing governmental and labor legal and government reporting requirements including any related to the Equal Employment Opportunity(EEO), the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), the Family and Medical Leave Act(FMLA), Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), the Department of Labor, worker compensation, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and so forth. Maintains minimal company exposure to lawsuits.
- Protects the interests of employees and the company in accordance with company Human Resources policies and governmental laws and regulations.
- Provides payroll processing backup support. Partners with accounting and payroll to maintain the payroll database.
- Participates in one salary survey per year.
- Provides day-to-day benefits administration services. Assist employees with any claim issues.
- Develops and schedules benefits orientations and other benefits training.
- Administers the 401(k) plan and completes yearly compliance reporting.
- Administers disability and worker’s compensation claims
Training and Development
- Assists with the implementation of the performance management system that includes performance development plans (PDPs) and employee development programs.
- Provides necessary education and materials to managers and employees including workshops, manuals, employee handbooks, and standardized reports.
- Maintains employee training records.
- Assists with the carrying out of a company-wide process of organization development that addresses issues such as succession planning, superior workforce development, key employee retention, organization design, and change management.
- Assists with employee communication and feedback through such avenues as company meetings, suggestion programs, employee satisfaction surveys, newsletters, employee focus groups, one-on-one meetings, and Intranet use.
- Helps to monitor the organization’s culture so that it supports the attainment of the company’s goals and promotes employee satisfaction.
- Assists with the company-wide committees including the wellness, training, environmental health and safety, activity, and culture and communications committees.
Skills and Competencies
- General knowledge of employment laws and practices.
- 2-4 years Human Resource experience
- Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other Human Resources programs.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Excel and demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping.
- Effective oral and written communication.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Specialized training in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, training, and preventive labor relations, preferred.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred, not required.