The HRBP performs the below essential functions.
- Conducts weekly meetings with respective business units.
- Consults with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate. Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Builds trusted relationships with senior management team.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of local regulatory requirements related to day-to-day management of business and employees, ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Ensures sourcing for appropriate talents.
- Follow up on integration of new hires, promotions and transfers of employees.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Identifies training needs for business units and individual coaching needs.
- Ensures training needs are meet across units, participates in delivering appropriate training to employees.
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure appropriate skill set is maintained. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of employee performance across business units.
- Business Acumen.
- Analytical and Objective in taking decisions.
- Goal Oriented.
- Ethical Practice, Good knowledge of labor legislation.
- Cultural Awareness.
- HR Expertise.
- Relationship Management.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the company.
This job operates in an office or restaurant environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers and smartphones.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, listen and should also be able to stand for long periods.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. This position regularly requires long hours and weekend work as job duties demand.
An in-country travel may be expected occasionally.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years' experience of managing employee relations and solid business knowledge.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines.
- Good marketing experience is an added advantage.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree and relevant industry experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- CIPM Member or equivalent certification
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.