- Manage and Monitor staff scheduling and room assignments to ensure proper coverage
- Ensure that all staff are properly trained and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out respective job duties
- Conduct thorough inspections of guest rooms and provide feedback to the Manager on Duty on a daily basis.
- Inspect and maintain the cleanliness and physical condition of the Resort, including guest rooms, meeting rooms, hallways and public areas, and assist with scheduling and room assignments to ensure proper coverage
- Prepare daily roster, supervise and ensure that all Housekeeping staff comply with quality standards
- Inspect storage rooms and room attendant carts for neatness, cleanliness, adequate supplies, and good repair.
- Ensure the protection of guests' room numbers and policies regarding guest room access
- Control expenses and minimize waste within all areas of housekeeping and manage and control guests’ supplies and usages
- Work closely with Stock Control to protect supplies, conducts physical inventory, and prepare daily supplies usage
- Complete all paperwork and closing duties, such as, filling out supply requisitions, maintenance request forms and updating log books etc.
- Work closely with the maintenance department in preventative maintenance and reporting deficiencies, amongst others
- Be able to perform housekeeping functions, including cleaning rooms, closets and door tracks; dusting and polishing of furniture; removing dust, spots and smears from windows, ledges and frames; and removing dust on drapes weekly and realign to correct position daily
- Develop short and long term Housekeeping plan and implementation for the Hotel
- Ability to maintain stock and storage rooms and work within departmental budget
- Substantial Housekeeping background within the hotel industry, with at least 3 years in a supervisory role and not less than eight (6) years general experience
- Working knowledge of room management systems and advanced knowledge of housekeeping process and procedures
- Previous experience managing a team of housekeeping employees through, motivation, training and development
- Certified or experienced hotel housekeeping executive/supervisor
- Good understanding of housekeeping cleaning and washing equipment, tools and cleaning chemicals
- Female candidates only
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, and exhibit sound judgment
- Ability to develop and maintain gracious and efficient customer service
- Ability to deliver superior and consistent guest experience through housekeeping employee development, service standards and training
- Manage competing demands and be able to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events
- Attention to detail and a commitment to high standards of delivery
- Self-motivated and exhibit calmness under pressure, with a flexible approach
Only Candidates with the specific qualification and requirements highlighted above, and with the given number of years of experience and attributes will be considered.