- Serve as the company’s Chief Operating Officer; by overseeing the operations and administrations functions of the hotel, to ensure total guest satisfaction.
- Hold regular briefings and meetings with all head of departments.
- Ensure full compliance to Hotel operating controls, SOP’s, policies, procedures and service standards.
- Lead all key property issues including capital projects, customer service and refurbishment.
- Manage on-going profitability of the hotel, ensuring revenue and guest satisfaction targets are met and exceeded.
- Deliver hotel budget goals and set other short and long term strategic goals for the property.
- Actively involved in marketing and creating a brand image for the hotel.
- Develop an annual business plan.
- Initiate cost-effective controls and revenue management techniques.
- Develop strategies for organizing, staffing, planning and executing functionalities.
- Provide training for hotel staff in delivering care that meets the best standards and practices.
- Maintain and manage hotel equipment, infrastructure, inventories and other facilities efficiently.
- Closely monitor the hotel’s business reports on a daily basis and take decisions accordingly.
- Ensure that monthly financial outlooks for Rooms, Food & Beverage, Admin & General, on target and accurate.
- Present monthly financial reporting for the owners and stakeholders.
- Draw up plans and budget (revenues, costs, etc.) for the owners.
- Coordination with hods for the execution of all activities and functions.
- Be accountable for the responsibilities of department heads and take ownership of all guest complaints.
- Respond to audits to ensure continual improvement is achieved.
- All clients handling and take part in new client acquisition along with the sales team whenever required.
- Responsible for safeguarding the quality of operations both (internal & external audits).
- Responsible for legalization, Occupational Health & Safety Act, fire regulations and other legal requirements.
- The ideal candidate is a seasoned and highly intelligent hotel professional with outstanding, management skills and extensive hands-on experience.
- Available to work when needed, including weekends, holidays, and nights.
- A university degree or HND in hospitality management or a related field
- (MBA in business Administration is an added advantage) with Experience in the opening, managing or re-positioning a hotel with a clear track record.
- Excellent computer system skills.
EXPERIENCE: At least 8 years’ experience in the hospitality industry, with a significant luxury experience, and 2 to 5 years of experience as a General Manager or Asst. General Manager; Fluency in English;
- Knowledge of other languages is a plus and with an understanding of all hotel management best practices and relevant laws and guidelines.
- Good knowledge of hotel management software (PMS), excellent customer service skills of a business mindset and a good aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application
Letter and cv “ms word format” clearly Indicating the job title as the subject of your mail.
Note: qualified expatriate could as well apply