The General manager is responsible for all aspects of operations at the hotel, to day-to-day staff management and guests.
He / She should be an ambassador for the brand and the hotel. Provide leadership and strategic planning to all departments in support of our service culture, maximized operations and guest satisfaction. Work Very closely with the hotel owners and other stakeholders. Responsible for managing the Hotels management team (HOD's) and overall hotel targets to deliver an excellent Guest experience. A General Manager would also be required to manage profitability and guest satisfaction measures.GM
- Oversee the operations functions of the hotel, as per the Organizational chart.
- Hold regular briefings and meetings with all head of departments. Ensure full compliance to Hotel operating controls, SOP’s, policies, procedures and service standards.
- Lead all key property issues including capital projects, customer service, and refurbishment.
- Handling complaints, and oversee the service recovery procedures. Responsible for the preparation, presentation and subsequent achievement of the hotel's annual Operating Budget, Marketing & Sales Plan and Capital Budget.
- Manage on-going profitability of the hotel, ensuring revenue and guest satisfaction targets are met and exceeded.
- Ensure all decisions are made in the best interest of the hotels and management.
- Deliver hotel budget goals and set other short and long term strategic goals for the property.
- Developing improvement actions, carry out costs savings.A strong understanding of P&L statements and the ability to react with impact strategies Closely monitor the hotels business reports on a daily basis and take decisions accordingly.
- Ensure that monthly financial outlooks for Rooms, Food & Beverage, Admin & General, on target and accurate.
- Maximizing room yield and hotels/resort revenue through innovative sales practices and yield management programs.
- Prepare monthly financial reporting for the owners and stakeholders.Draw up plans and budget (revenues, costs, etc.) for the owners.
- Helping in the procurement of operating supplies and equipment, and contracting with third-party vendors for essential equipment and services.
- Act as a final decision maker in hiring a key staff.
- Coordination with HOD's for the execution of all activities and functions. Overseeing and managing all departments and working closely with department heads on a daily basis.
- Manage and develop the Hotel Executive team to ensure career progression and development.
- Be accountable for the responsibilities of department heads and take ownership of all guest complaints. Provide effective leadership to hotel team members. Lead in all aspects of business planning.
- Respond to audits to ensure continual improvement is achieved.
- Corporate client handling and take part in new client acquisition along with the sales team whenever required. Assisting in residential sales as and when required and development with strong sales prospects. Responsible for safeguarding the quality of operations both (internal & external audits).Responsible for legalization, Occupational Health & Safety Act, fire regulations and other legal requirements.
- A university degree in hotel management or a related field with Experience in opening, managing or re-positioning a hotel with a clear track record. Excellent computer system skills.