Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct subordinate Heavy Equipment Mechanics, semi-skilled workers, and Trades Helpers responsible for the repair & maintenance of heavy equipment on project Site.
- Repair problems and provide training for skills such as hydraulics, and diesel engines.
- Work independently and supervise the repair and maintenance of heavy equipment, and direct the work of subordinate employees.
- Evaluate and verify employees’ performance through the review of completed work assignments and work techniques.
- Identify staff development and training needs and ensure that training is conducted.
- Ensure proper implementation of safety regulations for the safety of all employees.
- Technical school diploma (Mechanical/Electrician) with 8 years of experience in the repair and maintenance of heavy equipment, including supervisory experience
- Knowledge of operations and work in Nigeria is a plus
- Knowledge of supervisory techniques
- Knowledge of the standard practices, materials, tools, and equipment used in the repair and maintenance of heavy equipment
- Ability to read diagrams, schematics, blueprints, and reference manuals
- Ability to monitor and evaluate problems and team performance in order to assess efficiency and effectiveness
- Ability to instruct and supervise the disassembly and assembly of engines and parts
- Ability to communicate effectively with others, both verbally and in writing
- Good Command of English and good PC Skills (Excel, Word, emails and internet search)