ASHA Microfinance Bank Limited is a financial limited liability company duly incorporated in Nigeria under Companies and Allied Matter Act, Cap C20, LFN 2004. We are looking for an energetic Head Internal Audit professional to join the team with a long term focus reporting to the CGIA.
Primary Job Description / Responsibilities:
- To prepare Individual Audit Plan, Monthly Audit Plan and Risk based Annual Internal Audit Plan.
- To advise and supervise the audit activities carried out by the audit team/field auditors as per the Annual Internal Audit Plan.
- To delegate, allocate and assign audit team/field auditors to carry out the audit work.
- To finalize the audit reports (including special report) and deliver to the respective management and submit to CGIA, ASAl.
- To ensure the timely and effective execution of the audit work and exit meeting with auditee's.
- To prepare Monthly Field Visit Roster Plan and track the field visits of the audit team.
- To carry out HO audit, 3rd line of defense work and any other assignment assigned by the CGIA in regular interval.
- To formulate the audit techniques, audit guidelines, audit programme and checklists for the performance of audit work.
- To deliver any other reports (i.e. staff position, staff movement register, monthly brief summary reports, fraud and misappropriation reports and etc.) to the CGIA within due time.
- To carry out any other work assigned by the CGIA.
- Continuous communication with the CGIA, as well as the respective team member of Group Internal Audit to provide the management update about any important issues regarding the audit, risk management, and compliance services.
- To ensure the preservation of various documentation for audit work such as working papers, supporting evidence, permanent file, current file, circulars, minutes, office memo, preserving duly signed risk registers, other meeting minutes in separate files, all reports and e-mails sent to and received from ASAI Holding and any other documents which need to be preserved.
- To prepare quarterly internal audit report summary for the BoD and share it with CGIA before presenting to the BoD meeting.
- To conduct meeting with the external auditor and other clients/lender (if required).
Master’s Degree in Accounting with FCA/ACCA/ACA/CPA
At least 3/4 year(s) working experience Internal audit, Statutory audit in a large national/multinational company.
Preferably experiences are in the business area of NGO, Banks, Financial Institutions, Multinational Companies.
Additional Job Requirements:
- Age not over 40 years.
- Proven knowledge of Auditing standards and producers, laws, rules and regulations
- Must possess team spirit, leadership quality, hard workings and ability to meet the deadline.
- Excellent command in written and Spoken English.
- Well conversant with MS Excel (Above Average), MS Word, Powerpoint presentation and basic self-motivated knowledge to work with internally developed integrated application program.
- Ability to travel to Branch offices located in the country.
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Other Benefits: As per company policy.