NLNG Ship Management Limited (NSML), a subsidiary of Nigeria LNG Limited, seeks to engage personnel for immediate employment in this capacity
Location: Office - Bonny Island
- Responsible for carrying out curriculum design, development, implementation and evaluation (validation) of MCOE proprietary courses while conducting and instructing on marine deck and engine simulator based trainings as well as provision and implementation of holistic NSML training strategy to ensure availability of qualified and competent manpower for all NSML functions
The Duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare and manage the yearly training calendar. Facilitate and assess courses for marine deck and engine simulator based training and assist in the development of course curricula with appropriate expertise. keep abreast of subject and teachinh changes in the industry
- Manage the implementation of the NSML Integrated Training Strategy for all NSML employees. Identify and manage the training and capacity development strategy within the NSML organization and assist in evaluating personnel performance through job analysis, appraisal schemes and regular consultation with business managers and human resources departments
- Design, expand and implement the Seafarers Continuous Development Plan onboard NSML managed vessels in liason with the HR and Fleet Mgmt. teams
- Manage the approved Training budget, ensuring all operational activities are conducted within the approved budget and the maintenance of financial information on officers and cadets' training cost to control expenditure optimize the use of training budget to minimize wastage
- Contribute to the development of educational material and function as an expert resource in matters relating to simulation including educational design and delivery, evalution and research while assisting in identifying and coordinating the research activities which includes the utilization of Ship Simulation facility as per the center's strategic plan
- Actively participate in employee development through training activities and to review their performance and jointly carry out proficiency assessment of personnel prior to promotion or job assignment in conjunction with the HR, terminal and fleet manager
- Work in line with the requirements of the MCOE QMS. Review QS processes and recommend procedural or policy change to improve operations at the MCOE
- Responsible for facilitating audits and inspection programs of the MCOE including approvals, accreditation, development and growth of the facility and assist in internal verification procedures.
The right candidate should:
- Have a minimum of Class 1 Deck or Engine Certificate of Competency issued by an internationally recognized Maritime Flag State.
- Academic degree (BSc, MBA, MSc or PhD) in relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years in the Marine industry including service on Gas and or Oil tankers and must have attained up to the rank of Chief Officer, Second Engineer or Gas Engineer and above for not less than 2 years.
- Shore side operational/technical experience in an oil or gas terminal, marine simulator facility or within a reputable & internationally recognized Ship Management organization will be an added advantage.