Key business processes to be supported include:
- Monthly Reporting
- Credit Transactions
- Daily LCs Age Analysis
- Cash management
- Financial Analysis
- Management Accounts
- Assets Acquisition
- Department/ Unit: Trade Finance & Accounts
- Functionally to: Managing Director and Chairman
- Administratively to: Managing Director and Chairman
- Supervises: Accountants & Accounts Officers
- Internal: Operations Unit, Chairman’s Office, MD’s Office, and Human Resources Unit
- External: External Auditors, Tax Consultant, Banks, Suppliers of Products, Stake Holders in the industry, Regulatory bodies and Government agencies.
Job Duties/ Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
- Preparation of product purchasing Letter of Credit and Bank guarantees, once extensive
- consideration investigation of exposure has been completed,
- Verifying payments and documents to ensure compliance with the LC Terms. This includes verification of complex pricing and delivery terms as per supplier contracts,
- Monitoring the closure of LC’s and Bank guarantee’s to effectively managing the company’s credit line.
- Ensuring that all Suppliers invoice under the LC’s are recorded to ensure completeness and accurate settlements/reconciliations,
- To effectively manage the funds that is available for projects,
- To ensure that the company is always in a liquid position and ensure funds can be made available for normal administrative running of the operations of the company,
- To negotiate best interest rates either for investments or projects for the company,
- Ensure all documentation is maintained to highest standards and ensure all processes are followed
- Ensure that transaction processing is handled within agreed Timelines,
- Keep updated on all products; be well skilled and aware of all changes and amendments on product features, procedures and processes,
- Establish and maintain strong professional relationships/connections internally and externally,
- Upon completion of the transaction ensure proper filing is done. * Continuously monitor
- assess the efficiency of workflow in regards to internal/external customer expectation, information exchange and documentation,
- Authorizing the postings into the software for ledgers update,
- Ensure adherence to deadlines and reporting,
- Checking balancing of Suspense accounts / Online accounts at end of each month,
- Physical verification of transaction files on half-yearly basis,
- Ensure that Banks policies, procedures and guidelines are consistently & strictly
- Assets maintenance and verifications,
- All other duties that may be assigned to you from time to time.
Key Performance Indicators/ Performance Goals:
- Data Integrity/ confidentiality,
- Daily cash position,
- Monthly Management Performance Review,
- Daily LCs/ Trade Payables Age Analysis,
- Monitoring/ reviewing bank statements for possible overcharges,
- Accuracy of reports submitted,
- Timely submission of reports and statements of accounts,
- Negotiation of interest rates,
- Keeping the company liquid,
- Timely authorization of posting for ledgers update,
- Management decisions can be taken with financial reports,
- Cost Control and Cost Reduction,
- Safeguarding the Company’s Assets,
- Maintenance of Fixed Assets Schedule
- Education Qualification: A B.Sc. Degree in Accounting, MBA
- Professional Qualification: ACA is a pre-requisite
- Experience (Dimension and No of years): Minimum of 8 years post graduate experience in a similar role.
Key Competencies and Skills Requirements:
- Functional/ Technical:
- Finance Report
- UCP 600 of Letter of Credit
- Communication (Both written and oral)
- Ability to communicate information in clear, unambiguous terms to employees and management.
- Solution Minded (thinking outside the box)
- Computer Literacy
- Good leadership qualities
- Multi-tasking skills and keeping to deadlines.
- Proactive decision making
- Tact and diplomacy
- Professional disposition and ability to maintain Integrity and confidentiality.
- Good Customer Service skills.
- Please ensure your Jobberman profile is 100% complete before applying for this job. Candidates with incomplete profiles have a much lower chance of having their applications viewed.