The Technical Manager will be responsible for managing the technical units within Interra Networks – Application Development, Infrastructure/Networking, VoIP/Telephony and Support & Maintenance.
S/he will be a strong Project Manager with a solid foundation in Information Technology and excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
S/he will be charged with managing/growing the technical talent base as well as owning the intellectual property generated from their activities. Managing technical projects and ensuring that deliverables are met in line with company strategy and goals.
1. Manages, plans, organizes, schedules, prioritizes, assigns, and reviews the work of assigned information technology staff; monitors workload, deadlines, goals and progress.
2. Plans, organizes and serves as project manager on large/complex information technology projects.
3. Trains staff and ensures application of current performance, policy and processing standards.
4. Conducts analysis and provides input into strategic planning of the company’s’ products and services. Participates in budget development and resource planning.
5. Evaluates emerging technologies and identifies hardware, software, and other resources necessary to accomplish unit tasks within budgetary constraints. Recommends the purchase of hardware/software.
6. Establishes unit standards and policies; implements and recommends actions to improve work flow, simplify operational and reporting procedures and improve performance standards.
7. Coordinates unit activities with vendors, users and other operational units.
8. Maintains relationships with OEM vendors in partnership with the Sales Team.
9. Manages direct reports – the heads of the various Technology Units. Responsible for career development of these officers and their team members.
10. Demonstrates leadership and mentorship for peers and subordinates.
Educational and Professional Qualification
- Bachelors Degree in Computer
Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering or any of the
Physical Sciences from a reputable University.
- An Advanced Degree. Is an added advantage.
- Project Management – PMI or Prince2 Project Management certification is a requirement.
- ITIL certification is an added advantage.
- Membership in relevant Information Technology and Software Development professional organizations is an added advantage.
Years of Experience
years of progressively responsible information technology experience including
2 years managing teams of people;
- Rich experience in Application Development is a requirement;
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education
- Must possess experience in the design, development, deployment and management of at least 2 large scale information technology projects with a strong leaning in the area of application development.
- Strong knowledge of Application Development.
o Agile Methodology
· Strong Project Management Skills.
· Significant exposure and knowledge Software Development languages – Java and PHP.
· Knowledge of supervisory practices, principles and techniques.
· Knowledge of MS-Windows and LINUX environments.
· Knowledge of LAN/WAN design and deployment.
· Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
· Skill in supervision (e.g., selecting, training, assigning and reviewing work, leading and motivating, appraising and supervising performance.)
· Skill in establishing and maintaining standards, policies, and operational effectiveness of information technology staff.
· Ability to work on multiple assignments.
· Honesty, integrity and a team player.
· Strong leadership skills.
· Effective communicator
· Diligence, dedication and discipline.
· Team work, proactive, self-driven, result oriented with a positive outlook.
· Critically assesses own performance and continuing self/personal development.
· Good personality, matured, credible, comfortable in dealing with stock-holders & stake-holders.
Committed, reliable, tolerant and determined.