The Role Profile
- To work closely with all areas of the business to meet strategic objectives, protect our assets, optimise performance and drive financial accountability. The manager is focused on working directly with C-suite level executives to ensure that daily objectives, reports, and metrics align directly with the company balance scorecard.
- Should be an ex-consultant with experience in creating strategic plans, leading change programs and an innate ability to engage with and influence senior executives and leadership stakeholders. A key part of the role will be dealing with ambiguity, gaining buy-and driving the future goals of the company at all levels. The ideal candidate should be comfortable working in a large, complex, results-driven corporate environment. To this end the following competencies are essential for successful delivery:
- Experience in strategic planning and business analytics
- Analytical/problem-solving skills:
- Must demonstrate strong critical thinking capabilities and problem-solving skills.
- Must be comfortable interpreting and working with large amounts of data.Must demonstrate a structured, analytical thought process.
- Accuracy and attention to detail are imperative.
- Project management skills: Must possess the ability to take the initiative, pro-actively look for solutions, work and manage projects within tight deadlines, and communicate to project leadership any challenges/issues in a clear and timely fashion.
- People and team skills: Must have sufficient self-confidence, poise and interpersonal skills to be able to work effectively as part of a team, to take part in professional discussions and to liaise with senior executives on a regular basis.
- Must be able to sustain performance under conditions of stress, such as tight deadlines and detailed questioning.
- Must demonstrate the ability to be a team player and quick learner in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Commitment: Must demonstrate a commitment to getting the job done.
- Training in Organizational Change Management theories and practice preferred
- Office Tools: Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
The Key Functions
- Responsibilities will include the following: Strategic Management and Corporate Performance–Supportcorporate, regional, sub-regional, state-level and functional leaders with strategy development, executive decision making and initiative implementation.
- Work with Executive Management and Senior the Leadership Team to set and clearly define the company goals and long-term strategy.
- Functioning as an internal consultant, to foster a collaborative environment with direct interaction with and providing training to the company’s senior executives and decision-makers.
- Facilitate clear understanding and embedding priorities within the broader team by developing strategies and supporting senior leaders to communicate and engage with their teams
- Work with Senior Leadership Team to develop aligned functional priorities. This includes the facilitation of team strategy and planning meeting.
- Design the company and functional level scorecards which include defining measures of success and setting targets.
- Own ongoing process to track and communicate overall, and functional, performance against the Company's strategic priorities with the broader team.
- Design and lead the delivery of a Leadership Strategy that lifts the capability and behaviours of leaders, and creates the leadership culture required to deliver Strategy and Enterprise Values
- Project Management –provide critical project management and analytical support to corporate, divisional and functional leaders. Independently balance and manage multiple project accountabilities, ensuring clear project definitions upfront (e.g., project scope, objectives, work streams, resources, timelines, communication and challenges). Specifically, providing support and managing projects in such areas as new business acquisition and market entry, supplier and customer relations, as well as developing analyses and presentation materials needed for senior executive meetings
- May also be tasked with designing and generating financial and operational models and reports, developing solid analyses and insights into the drivers of trends,(including defining logic, business rules and assumptions). Deliver analyses and insights employing a variety of and business intelligence tools to identify, extract and analyze data.
- May also focus on other areas as new projects and initiatives are launched, including delivering on one or more of the company’s strategies related to sales, operations, marketing, talent management and innovation.
- Research and problem-solving support: Conduct ad.hoc and ongoing research using structured problem-solving/insights—for projects related to strategic initiatives.
- Communication and presentation support: Design and develop PowerPoint decks and associated talking points to effectively communicate findings.
Education and Qualifications Requirements
- University degree Education: Bachelor’s Degree is required preferably business, finance, economics, engineering, accounting or applied math.
- MBA and consulting background is preferred but not required.
- Experience: Minimum eight (8)years of relevant strategic, analytical and commercial work experience in a management consulting or multinational organisation.
- An individual with international experience will be an added advantage.
- This is a full-time position, based in Lekki Phase 1, Lagos State. The salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience