- Develop and deliver a strategic technological vision and direction for the organization;
- Lead and manage the Software Development and IT teams to deliver software, infrastructure and architecture that meets the needs of users;
- Ensure delivery consistent with Agile processes across the team;
- Work effectively with Product Managers and Product Owners to ensure delivery against agreed priorities;
- Implement mechanisms to monitor, manage and provide progress on all software development activities;
- Accountable for the on-time and to quality delivery of software development projects;
- Responsible for the maintenance and development of internal and external IT support systems;
- Create, implement and maintain a continuous improvement plan for software development and IT infrastructure;
- Working closely with the Product Managers with the aim of meeting current and future user needs;
- In conjunction with the IT Systems/Infrastructure Manager, define and maintain the IT technology strategy and infrastructure plan;
- Research the external environment, and where appropriate identify and recommend external partners for the delivery of best in class technologies suitable for corporate/business applications;
- Reviewing and applying said best practices to establish architecture and frameworks consistent with and supportive of the Product Strategy;
- Identifying and implementing technology trends that will be able to support the future success of the business;
- Articulating to colleagues and user communities, the company’s technological vision, opportunities, and challenges as agreed with the Product Managers;
- Collaborating with the appropriate functions and users to evaluate and identify technology platforms for delivering the company’s products and internal services;
- Understanding the use cases (and/or user stories) in order to oversee the design of the architecture for the products to be built;
- Ensuring that technology standards and best practices are maintained across the organization;
- To drive consistent standards and approaches throughout the development teams;
- Responsible for his/her own work planning against objectives set in agreement with the Executive Director.
Communication and information:
- Report to and meet with the Executive Director at a minimum of once per month;
- Communicate and ensure engagement of ERCAS technology strategies internally and within the organization user community;
- As necessary, participate in and coordinate the software development activities of the organization in external consortia and expert groups in support of the organization’s social responsibility aims;
- Ensure effectively internal communications both within the software development team and across the organization.
- Accountable and responsible for effective financial management, planning, and monitoring of the Software Development and IT teams;
- Provide monthly information to enable the creation of financial results and forecasts for the above teams.
Staffing, Management and Resources:
- Ensure that the skills and experience of Software Development and IT teams are consistent with its technological and business needs for providing quality in present and future services;
- Encourage software and IT staff to represent the company at conferences and meetings to continuously grow organization reputation;
- Establish clear organizational structures and succession plans aligned with appropriate responsibilities, accountabilities and personal development for all Software Development and IT staff in line with any anticipated growth;
- Provide support for all staff in keeping with organizational Values.
Policies and Procedures:
- Comply with all relevant policies and procedures
- Complete all documents required by the company policies and procedures
- Undertake additional tasks
and responsibilities as may be reasonably expected of the role and as necessary
in order to achieve the objectives of the Software and IT teams and organizational goals.