Core Working Relationships:
- Sales Operations
- Production Operations
- Direct and coordinate activities involving sales of manufactured furniture products.
- Resolve customer complaints regarding sales and service.
- Review reports to project sales and determine profitability.
- Oversee local sales executives and other staffs.
- Liaise with leadership to determine price schedules and discount rates.
- Prepare budgets and approve budget expenditures.
- Monitor customer preferences to determine focus of sales efforts.
- Liaise with human resource to plan and direct staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales and service programs.
- Direct, coordinate, and review activities in sales and service with a view to add to the bottom line of the business.
- Confer or consult with department heads and the brand and communication consultant to plan advertising and to secure information on products and customer specifications.
- Confer with potential customers regarding products needs and advise customers on types of furniture products to purchase.
- Assess marketing potential of new store locations, considering statistics and expenditures.
- Visit franchised dealers to stimulate interest in establishment or expansion of sales and service outlets of an organization.
- Build and execute the Company’s marketing and communications plan.
- Develop, maintain and grow relationships with leaders in the Corporate, Real estate, Commercial, Hospitability and Public sector for the purpose of lead generation.
- Identify and develop new strategic opportunities for partnerships with Major stakeholders in the construction and property development sector of the economy for the purpose of marketing the company.
- Develop content for promotional materials, social media, newsletters and other campaign channels.
- Understand the company’s target market and ensure adequate communication to the target market.
- Categorize and report on trends specific to our industry and what will impact the business
- Maintain effective internal communications to ensure that all relevant company functions are kept informed of marketing objectives.
- Work closely with Sales Operations to ensure that revenue growth targets are achieved
- Contact regular and prospective customers to demonstrate products, explain product features, and solicit orders with the support of the interior designers.
- Recommend products to customers, based on customers' needs and interests.
- Answer customers' questions about products, prices, availability, product uses, and credit terms.
- Estimate or quote prices, credit or contract terms, warranties, and delivery dates.
- Consult with clients after sales to resolve problems and to provide ongoing support.
- Provide customers with product samples and catalogs.
- Identify prospective customers by using business directories, following leads from existing clients, participating in organizations and clubs, and attending trade shows and conferences.
- Monitor market conditions, product innovations, and competitors' products, prices, and sales.
- Perform administrative duties, such as preparing sales budgets and reports, keeping sales records, and filing expense account reports.
- Obtain credit information about prospective customers.
- Train customers' employees on the appropriate use of new Furniture.
- Liaise with Customer service to prepare quotations, job order forms.
- Negotiate details of contracts and payments.
- Negotiate with retail merchants to improve product exposure, such as shelf positioning and advertising.
- Liaise with the technical unit to plan, assemble, and stock product displays in retail stores, or make recommendations to retailers regarding product displays, promotional programs, and advertising.
- Check stock levels and reorder merchandise as necessary.
Key Job Attributes:
- The Ability to Multitask
- The ability to work with a team
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to be proactive and deliver results
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Attention to details
- Possess analytic and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in the Microsoft package
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Persuasion — persuading others to change their minds or behaviour.
- Social Perceptiveness — Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Negotiation — Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Service Orientation — Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Active Learning — Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Coordination — Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Excellent communication skills and evidence of building strong relationships
- Solid knowledge of digital technologies including those involving content management, web analytics, search engine marketing, email marketing, website usability
- Able to develop strong value propositions consistent with Customer needs
- Knowledge of the company’s product and services
- Ability to connect strategic thinking and planning with hands – on tactical execution
- Sales and Marketing — Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
Education & Experience:
- A Degree in Marketing, Communications, Social sciences or Business Administration.
- An MBA will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 5-7 years of demonstrable experience in sales, marketing, merchandising or related field in the furniture OR related industry
- 2-3 years’ experience in a supervisory role.