A consulting firm seeks qualified candidates to fill this role
To partner with management in providing continual risk assessment and development
comprehensive policies, procedures, compliance training, protocols, internal investigations, plans
and implements enterprise risk management strategies and processes.
- Set-up of Risk Management Framework
- Develop the Enterprise Risk Management Policy for the bank
- Proactively Guide the integration of enterprise risk management with other organizational
- Planning and management activities.
- Identify training needs for risk management and oversee development of enterprise risk
- competence and awareness across the bank
- Evaluate the adequacy of the company’s internal control framework in addressing risks and
- accomplishing the company’s goals and objectives;
- Work with Board Audit, Risk and Compliance committee in ensuring the identification and prioritization of risks and reporting of the same
- Monitor and report on compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Proactively identify emerging risks and report to relevant stakeholders.
- Develop risk management system and train departmental risk champions on implementation
- Attend Board Audit and Risk Committee meetings; and any other duty assigned by Management.
- Analyse, on a quarterly basis, quality of loan portfolio depending on:
- Client Officer / Branch
- Composition of LCM
- Type of Business Activity
- Zones or market area.
- Change in RSM
- Value of Collaterals, etc.
- Perform regular analysis and monitoring of credit risk and exposure and likely impact on client
- on: Quality of the loan portfolio
- Business sector analysis
- Market trends
- Perform periodic market survey to identify sector base risks in our target market.
- Follow-up and advise management regularly on the performance of exceptional loan files:
- Restructured Loans.
- Top-up Loans.
- Regular follow-up of bad debt management by the Recovery Unit and make recommendation
- Management of nonaccrual loans
- Performance of written-off loans
- Legal cases
- Management of seized items.
- Valuation / Auction exercises
- Research and advice management on exceptional cases (potential high risk).
- Operational Risk
- Identify and liaise with department and unit heads in identifying major risk areas and propose
- actions in the management of such
- Monitor implementation of action plans to ensure risk mitigation efforts are proceeding as required.
- “Test” the effectiveness of cascading risk management approach to business decision making
- Fraud Analysis, Prevention & Whistleblowing
- Develop a proactive, independent, balanced fraud risk awareness within the bank
- Exercise direct ownership for Fraud Risk Management control across the Bank.
- Ensure compliance on all fraud risk reporting requirements both internal and external.
- Develop Standards for Fraud Risk Management.
- Ensure that Fraud Risk achieves an optimal balance with regard to cost, efficiency, operations and customer service.
- Act as a major stakeholder in managing whistleblowing.
- Reporting Tools
- Update all Risk reporting tools to the M.D on a monthly basis
- Develop new reporting tools in line with business need.
- The Head of Risk Management shall demonstrate:
- Ability to forecast needed adjustment to strategy in order to achieve operational and financial
- Control of internal policies, especially regarding to the bank’s risk exposure
- Contribution to strategic thinking.
- Ability to train and support teams under his direct responsibility
- Ability to represent the client in the intervention area by demonstrating professionalism and dynamism, and to develop a valuable knowledge of his/her intervention area, gaining respect
- and confidence from clientele
- Ability to communicate clearly with staff under supervision and management at the head office level, both orally and in written
- Ability to anticipate, identify and analyse issues that may hamper the development of the institution (internal control)
- Ability to ensure a timely and transparent reporting to higher ups, and to propose new initiatives for the overall business development
- Minimum of first degree in Social Sciences, Humanities, and Arts and
- relevant professional qualification in eg ACCA, CIM, CIBN.
- Familiarity with operational, Financial and Risk and Compliance
- procedures is required. A Master’s degree in Management will be an
- Minimum of Seven years (7) relevant experience in microfinance of
- which four should be in a managerial capacity. Good understanding
- of the Risk function in a microfinance establishment is also required.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills. Good analytical and
- mentoring skills.
- Personal Traits: Meticulous, rigorous, open-minded, autonomous and self-learner