Our Client, a diversified business group with interests in key sectors of the Nigerian economy. These sectors include Agriculture, Manufacturing, International Trade, Logistics, Pharmaceuticals and Supermarket is looking to hire Head, Operations.
- Operations manager is responsible for a variety of administrative tasks and ensuring that the routine operation of the distillery continues successfully. This role includes overseeing the production line and warehousing of various distilled beverages.
- He constantly looks for new ways to improve production processes, the quality of the beverages being produced and the efficiency of the distillery.
- He will liaise with every division in the plant , including sales, production, marketing and quality assurance.
- He will meet with clients and suppliers as they actively promote the brands produced by the distillery.
- Operations Manager Responsibilities
- Manage the distillery’s workforce to meet production goals while observing budgetary restraints.
- Ensure that the distillery’s products maintain quality standards
- Manage distillery equipment
- Monitor costs during the production process and also do their best to avoid any mistakes that cause a loss on the production line.
- Ensure health and safety compliance at workplace
- Ensure compliance with environmental regulations
- Organise the maintenance of equipment.
- Help to market the distillery and improve its profile
- Record data about the production process and warehousing . This data is usually shared with senior management and shared between departments.
- They may also be responsible for developing training materials and determining which staff should be promoted into new roles.
- Identify ways to improve the distillery
- A distillery manager is a key driver of improvement for a distillery. They will look for ways to improve worker efficiency, better ways to organise the warehouses, more efficient processing of raw materials, better environmental practices, security improvements and so on.
- Degree in Chemical Science/ Engineering or any relevant field
- 10 years' working experience in a Brewing and Distilling Company.
- Experience with Project management and supervision of budgets
- Very strong communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence
- Computer skills
- Fastidious approach to record keeping
- Strong focus on continual improvement
- Management skills
- Inventory management skills
- Strategic planning ability
- Marketing skills
- Operations management and supply chain management
- Environmental awareness