PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) - Our client, The Family Homes Funds Ltd is a limited liability company with the Federal Ministry of Finance and the Nigerian Sovereign Investment Authority as founding shareholders with a corporate office is located in FCT Abuja.
Reference Number: 130-PEO00931
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Job type: Permanent
- Strategic direction and overall leadership is provided by the Board of Directors of whom a majority will be independent non executives. The appointment of the Board is expected to be completed by 30th September 2018. Day to day management of the Company is delegated to a 3 person senior leadership team headed by the Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer.
What We Do
Towards the achievement of its two core objectives, the Company will manage two funds:
- Homes Building Fund – Will provide debt and equity financing into eligible projects particularly those targeting people on low to medium incomes. The objective of the Homes Building Fund is to support development of new affordable housing through private and public sector partners. The financing opportunities are available in all states of the federation and the Federal Capital Territory. As at 30th June 2018, we have committed over N18bn towards the development of about 4000 homes. We expect to commit a further N100bn towards the development of 30,000 homes over the next 12 months.
- Homes Loans Assistance Fund – This fund will provide financing assistance to eligible home buyers. The facility is a key part of our strategy for improving affordability of home ownership towards people on low to medium income. By June 2019, we expect to have committed N25bn towards the programme.
In addition to the above we expect to roll out a Rental Housing Fund and a Land Development Fund over the next 18months.
Our work in these areas are underpinned by two key commitments:
- Partnerships - We can achieve much more collectively than any single player can individually. The Funds aims to build strong partnerships with a broad range of institutions and agencies to maximize every opportunity for enabling access to affordable housing for Nigerians, particularly those on low income.
- Innovation – We are committed to innovation across each area of our focus areas. This is an ongoing journey which will be shaped by the passion and commitment of our team to improve the quality of lives of the people we serve.
Roles & Responsibilities
- The Head of Treasury will be responsible for corporate liquidity, investments, and risk management related to the company's financial activities. He/she will be expected to manage and forecast cash flow positions, oversee funding and borrowing needs, and make funds available for investment in projects.
Specific Duties of the Position
- Forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs, and funds available for investment
- Manage and report on Treasury activities
- Support the Senior Management team in relation to generating and hedging Capital
- Monitor the activities of third parties handling outsourced treasury functions on behalf of the company
- Advise management on the liquidity aspects of its short- and long-range planning
- Maintain a system of policies and procedures that impose an adequate level of control over treasury activities
- Ensure compliance with internal controls, policies and procedures as well as with regulatory Treasury policies.
- Over 10 cumulative years of experience in Treasury Management. .
- An MBA, Master's degree in Finance, Economics, Advanced Mathematics or similar discipline.
- Strong analytical, financial and systems skills are required.
- Experience working in global business environment is a plus.
- Certified Treasury Professional designation.
- Great interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong attention to detail
Skills and Competencies:
- Financial Planning and Analysis
- Financial modelling and analysis
- Relationship Management
- Budgeting, financial forecasting and cost control
- Capital Raising and Treasury
- Problem solving, numerical & analytical skills
- Risk Management
- Capital Market Operations
- Investment planning and portfolio Management
- Knowledge of relevant treasury software
- Stakeholder Management
- Financial Management Reporting
- Corporate Finance
- Treasury Management