Ringier One Africa Media
To be Africa’s Most User Centric Marketplace Company, and connect Africans to true opportunities in their lives.
Your Mission in our Vision
This is not a job. This is a mission!
We believe that the best resource Africa has is its people. Your mission is to execute our vision by ensuring we work in the best teams to shape our markets.
You craft and implement strategies to attract, develop and manage ROAM’s talent, and make ROAM an employer of choice through our values:
Trust - Ensure risk mitigation throughout employee cycle and labour law compliance across ROAM Africa.
Impact- Success in your role will mean that ROAM has tools to create environments where exceptional talent thrives, and tackle talent challenges in fast and effective ways.
User First - Building a truly customer centric organization.
Country HR Managers
Assistant to the Head of Talent
- Build a loud and proud EVP for the company
- Champion ROAM’s culture and values across the group
- Forge and execute on a ROAM Africa talent strategy; Operationalize strategies to become a better employer and place to work every single day
- Identify critical roles in each portfolio business, build and monitor succession plans for these roles to ensure business continuity.
- Perform benchmark analyses and advise leadership team on market trends with regards to attracting and retaining talent. Develop Objectives and Key Results for the HR Teams
- Drive a culture of high performance across the group through effective goal-setting, feedback and performance management practices.
- Manage and train a team of strong HR managers
- Shape the senior leadership team of the company: Recruit and onboard senior managers, and coach where relevant
- Coordinate training and management development and activities for the company
- Develop and manage the talent management department budget.
- Provide for HR reporting and undertake other lawful duties as may be assigned by the Group CEO / CFO.
Key skills and competencies
- 8+ years of experience as an HR generalist or management consultant with HR experience in leading organizations
- Bachelors or Masters Degree; 1st quartile graduation scores
- Practical understanding and application of different African labour laws
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and managing remote teams
- Experience in a digital and millennial environment
- Demonstrate strong abilities as an organizer, relationship builder, negotiator, problem solver and public speaker.
Why you should join us?
- Make a difference! Your daily work matters - big time. Our work truly shapes the lives of thousands of Africans - every day.
- Incredible learning curve: We are a growing, agile and culturally diverse team, and you will be involved in a wide range of projects and activities, gaining incomparable experience and unparalleled opportunities to grow personally and professionally along the way.
- Open door policy gives you a voice: You will be part of the leadership team. We expect you to participate fully as we hired you for your insights. We give you autonomy and expect that you work with initiative and responsibility.
- Competitive benefits: Salary, performance bonus, airtime, leave days, among others.