A consulting firm seeks qualified candidates to fill this role
Industry: Head of Sales in FMCG
As the head of sales, you will be responsible for the sale of our products in Nigeria. You are expected to provide ongoing support to grow the sales and distribution of our products in various regions of the country, while ensuring profitable growth in sales and revenue through planning, execution and management all distribution channels.
Location: Lagos Island
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining and increasing sales of our products
- Working with your team to reach overall the targets and goals set for the company.
- Establishing, maintaining and expanding your customer base by growing your
- team and sales channels (distributors, retailers and every other necessary
- strategic partnerships)
- Providing service supports to the existing sales channels to ensure high service
- standards and great sales fulfilment process.
- Supervising, planning and executing sales promotions and brand awareness
- campaigns to support the sales activities of the sales channels in the various regions.
- Developing sales strategies, setting targets, monitoring performance and
- motivating sales channels to reach targets
- Planning and executing distributors’ forum
- Compiling and analysing sales figures
- Engaging in direct selling and developing relationships with key accounts and special channels as required.
- Collecting customer feedback and market research
- Reporting to the CEO
- Keeping up to date with products and competitors
- You will need to have the following skills:
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills
- Good business sense
- The ability to motivate and lead a team
- Initiative and enthusiasm
- Excellent communication and 'people skills'
- Good planning and organization skills
- The ability to work calmly under pressure
- Good IT, budget and report writing skills
- A driving licence
- Ability to speak the local language of the region being covered is a useful
Your qualification requirement should be:
- A Minimum of HND, BSc or BA
- MSC or MBA is an added advantage
- A minimum of 5-7 years working experience of which at least 2 years must have been on a supervisory role