- Lead initiatives for development of methodologies for measurement of Credit Portfolio Management across the organization and associated models/processes
- Develop and enhance the Credit Reporting & Monitoring framework which meets the requirements of various external & internal stakeholders
- Ensure timely and accurate delivery of Credit Risk reports. Interpret the information and suggest actions for consideration by Senior Management
- Assist the CFO in carrying out the responsibilities pertaining to Board Finance & Risk Committees, including preparation of the information pack and responding to data/ analytical requests from the Committee
- Develop, implement, enhance and review Group Credit Policies & Standards in order to ensure that these reflect the best practice and regulate the risk assets of the group as directed by the Board
- Provide requirements and design inputs, particularly with regard to credit risk recognition, measurement and its reporting as part of the core team for implementation of key credit risk related projects (e.g. Loan Management System, IFRS 9 impairment, etc.)
- Establishment of and adherence to a robust credit culture aligned with MAX's purpose and mission
- Leadership: effectively lead, manage and develop the credit teams by:
- ensuring that staff are selected and trained to a competent level;
- providing sound leadership, coaching and motivation; ensuring direct reports provide their subordinate staff with the required level of leadership and coaching.
- To coach and develop Credit Risk, Collections and Recoveries Specialists to demonstrate a commitment to high performance, personal accountability, and collaborative relationships
- Credit process management including enhancing process effectiveness and increasing efficiency
- Risk rating accuracy and asset loss reserve adequacy
- Portfolio risk assessment, management, and reporting
- Credit policy development and compliance
- Lead the development, maintenance, and implementation of MAX's Credit Control policies, procedures, reporting and systems (including compliance monitoring).
- Ensure debt recovery procedures are fully effective and all available recovery options are utilized to maximize recovery outcomes. Manage any ‘extreme’ credit control situations which are outside the authority levels of Credit control
- Develop and implement a Credit Risk Measurement Framework, which includes rating models (PD) and LGD/ EAD measurement
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting to the relevant stakeholders (including board, senior management, rating agencies, etc.)
- Contribute proactively to various credit risk related projects and initiatives, especially on aspects pertaining to credit measurement and sourcing/management of data for these initiatives
- Contribute to system implementation projects in the credit risk space (e.g. Loan Management System) by providing requirements and design inputs, particularly with regard to credit risk recognition and measurement
- Develop and continuously review Group Credit Policy & Standards
- Ensure that sound credit risk measurement and monitoring frameworks are developed and implemented throughout the group in a standardized manner
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong understanding of Credit analysis and policies
- Good understanding of Risk Management principles
- Good understanding of evolving regulatory guidelines in this space
- Possess strong problem-solving skills (hypothesis-driven thinking, analytical, quantitative, conceptual skills)
- Thorough understanding of the evolving practices for the management of credit risk and regulatory requirements
- Capable of professional discussions with internal and external stakeholders
- Managing system transitions smoothly
- Able to source data/ perform periodic computations
- Exposure to Collateral system implementation/management preferable
- Exposure to credit risk modeling is desirable
- Good knowledge and hands-on practical experience and use of ERP packages and systems.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills, with an excellent track record in embedding risk management within a Company.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to effectively interact with and influence people at all levels.
- High sense of responsibility, accountability, and dependability.
- High integrity and ethical standards
- Bachelor's degree or it's equivalent in Finance, Economics or Management.
- Professional accounting certification desirable, e.g. ACA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA, CISA or other relevant higher business degree
- Risk management certification is an added advantage.
- Minimum 8 years risk management experience in a reputable organisation with strong credit risk management skills, with experience at managing the strategic direction of a business risk unit.
- An individual with international experience will be an added advantage