Alan & Grant is a firm of consultants creating innovative HR & Enterprise Solutions. We focus on enabling performance improvements around our clients’ people, product and project concerns. We work with different organizations to conceptualize, build and deploy bespoke solutions aimed at improving overall performance and align workforce to long-term corporate objectives ensuring sustained growth and profitability in the process.
- Actively contribute to the development of the Bank’s corporate strategy
- Develop the departmental budget and contribute actively to the preparation of the Divisional budget
- Act as a technical resource person for the Bank, and provide guidance and leadership to subordinate teams to ensure effective execution of the department’s activities
- Develop necessary SLA agreements for the Operations Department
- Define overall strategy for the operations team and guide execution
- Communicate the goals of the unit to members and ensure alignment of the unit’s activities with the Bank’s business objectives
- Coordinate the unit’s activities and ensure compliance with the Bank’s operating policies, controls and procedures
- Authorise transaction processing at designated checkpoints in order to ensure adherence with guidelines and control objectives
- Ensure the proper maintenance of all registers, books and records of the unit’s activities
- Work with the finance team to ensure the timely processing, accurate raising of entries and update of the banking and accounting system
- Authorise key departmental expenditure/transactions in line with the Bank’s policy
- Conduct periodic departmental meetings to establish and communicate targets and workplans, consistent with the overall goals of the Bank
- Initiate periodic meetings and liaise with interfacing departments to define, appraise or revise service levels
- Ensure key human capital issues are resolved consistently across the department, in line with the guiding principles, policies and practices established by the Bank
- Prepare and agree career development plans (in conjunction with the HR Department) and conduct periodic performance appraisal sessions with subordinate staff in line with stipulated career and performance management policies and procedures
- Regularly appraise the activities and functions of the department and make recommendations for improvement to the COO
- Recommend and participate in the review of the Bank policies and practices impacting the department
- Review the periodic reports prepared by the subordinate units/sub-units and ensure the timely generation/compilation and circulation of the agreed departmental reports
Education, Qualification And Experience:
- First degree in any discipline/equivalent.
- Minimum Experience: 5-7 Years working Experience in a commercial bank
- Professional Membership: MCP, CIBN, ICAN,ACCA CIBN
- Very good knowledge and understanding of credit processing and policies.
- Good knowledge of the banking operations
- In-depth understanding of the organization’s business.
- Good finance, accounting, budgeting and cost control skills
- Good communication skills.
- Attention to details.
- Good Management abilities.