As the Head Of Marketing (with potential to be Director on one of the startups), you will be part of a small, highly focused team building the next-generation of consumer web and mobile apps for Africans. With a strong core team and investors, we’re looking for people who are passionate about building great products at a great company.
The is our first marketing-specific hire, so you will have an outsized opportunity to determine goals, tools, and strategy. Management opportunities abound as we grow. You will propose and implement initiatives that drive user acquisitions, engagement, and growth.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Create and manage product marketing initiatives and campaigns
- Maintain and execute an editorial calendar, including social media and blog creation.
- Coordinate with teams (including design, product, and engineering stakeholders) to deliver world-class products to the market
- Identify and manage social media accounts and influencer efforts.
- SEO - drive content creation and acquire backlinks, with an analytical approach to opportunity priorities and tactics
- Marketing partnerships - find, negotiate opportunities
- PR - manage primarily for backlinks, secondarily for industry/investor/hiring branding, ad finally for customer traffic
- Branding - Refine and tell our story; draft core messaging and language on site
- Marketing Tactics - Test and optimize marketing tactics for customer acquisition (e.g. online advertising, direct mail, out of home, affiliate) and conversion rate optimization
- User engagement & viral user sharing - implement creative ways to drive adoption
- Customer journey and experience - understand and shape the core value prop
- Test ROI in small paid search/social/retargeting campaigns
- Competitive analyses and market research- identify industry trends and insights
- Propose creative new projects, from building free tools and apps that attract prospects and convert leads to testing new approaches to capturing existing demand
- Future responsibilities will include: Paid Search - SEM, Retargeting, Paid Social, Direct mail
- Contribute meaningfully to brand positioning and overall visual strategy.
Freedom and Flexibility are core to our values. We want you to be happy and we'll work together to keep you that way.
What You'll Get:
- N35k - N40k starting monthly salary
- 1% - 4% equity. Own part of the company with early employee equity position with stock options
- The opportunity for growth in a mission-driven, fast-paced, and funded startup
- Commuter benefits and occasional catered lunch days
- Quarterly 2-week vacation policy
- Team outings and happy hours
- Company off-sites and much more!
BS or BA with 2+ years of experience in marketing social/mobile or community products