Reports to: COO
(IPE Factors: Impact & Innovation)
- Lead roll-out and change management activities across the organisation in connection with implementation and deployment of company’s global solutions.
- Develop and deploy company specific IS applications, and provide input and support to development and deployment of global applications:
- Provide input to development of global applications to be developed by the company’s HQ.
- Manage the implementation and deployment of company’s global applications.
- Capture and prioritise business requirements for Organisation IS applications.
- Develop recommendation for Organisation specific IS solutions-consistent with Company’s policy and standards.
- Manage the development, implementation and deployment of Organisation specific IS applications including management of external vendors-consistent with Company’s policy and standards for local IS applications development.
- Provide recommendations for best-practice-sharing regarding IS solutions, incl. recommendations for usage in other Company’s/Regions. Ensure transparency of such opportunities by adhering to the Company’s IT governance procedures for project initiation and registration.
- Provide input to recommendation for vendor selection for Company’s global applications.
- Provide input to and ensure compliance with Company’s IS strategy, policy and standards.
- Provide input to the development of Company’s IS strategy, policy, and standards for infrastructure, platforms, and IS applications development.
- Ensure compliance with IS strategy, policy and standards for the Company’s (including infrastructure, platforms, applications development, and security).
- Manage Organisation IS infrastructure.
- Maintain Organisation infrastructure, including local network, servers and workstations in accordance with Company’s policy and standards, including applicable security rules.
- Ensure that Organisation infrastructure will support implementation and deployment of each Company’s global application, by proactively complying with project specific instructions and guidelines, in addition to the Company’s policy and standards.
- Manage relationships with local vendors for hardware and standard software in accordance with Company’s IS policy and standards.
- Build world-class IS team for Organisation by retaining IS talent and managing, coaching, mentoring and supporting all direct reports
- Manage employee performance issues including training, appraisals, discipline and grievances.
- Contribute in the management team and together with the management team drive the strategic initiatives that will prepare the organisation for the future.
- Reinforce Company’s group culture, values & reputation & ensure compliance with policies.
- The incumbent is required to set objectives for subordinate positions & will contribute to improvements in operational performance of the operation.
- The position strives for continuous improvement in systems & processes in the function in order to make the outputs user friendly.
- The position is primarily single dimensional affecting directly the operational aspects of the organisation.
(IPE Factor: Knowledge)
- University degree in Information Systems management or similar
- Post graduate studies in IT management or related studies.
- At least 12 years in IT management roles.
- Knowledge of modern organisation operations.
- Understanding of the container shipping industry and an ability to relate with shipping company and other associated industry managers.
- Experience in finance related matters, setting budgets and reporting against financial objectives.
- Strategic mindset, ability to drive strategic initiatives.
- Ability to provide leadership, obtain cooperation and assistance to meet objectives.
LEARNING & CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- In this position, the incumbent will have an opportunity to acquire skills and knowledge in the following areas;
- Extensive IT management experience in a large container organisation.
- Experience in Strategy development and implementation
- Leadership skills in leading a department of professionals.
- Relevant next career steps might be;
- Any IT management function with more responsibility & complexity
- IT set up role in a new project