Reports to: Managing Director
- Design, review and modify the organization’s accounting system
- Audit departmental accounting data
- Designing internal control systems for all departments to ensure the safeguarding of the organisation’s assets
- Sets up controls and structures to guide all treasury functions
- Effectively plan and forecast cash flows
- Management of cash flow, funds structuring and funds control (credit control & monitoring function)
- Effectively maintain all banking relationships
- Analysis of balance sheets and reporting
- Prepare financial statements and coordinating the annual independent audit
- Prepare and review budget, revenue, expense, payroll entries, invoices, and other accounting documents.
- Analyze revenue and expenditure trends and recommend appropriate budget levels and ensure expenditure control.
- Explain billing invoices and accounting policies to staff, vendors and clients.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies.
- Interact with internal and external auditors in completing audits.
- Maintenance of the fixed asset inventory system by supervising the recording of all items in the inventory, maintaining records and ensuring adequate treatment of fixed asset acquisitions and retirements.
- Provides adequate measures to ensure fraud prevention and conducts periodic unit and treasury performance evaluation
Key Result Areas
- Application of accounting principles
- Preparation of Financial Statements of the organization
- Cash flow management Credit monitoring and controls, and debt recovery management
- Team Coordination and development Periodic management reports
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel Financial planning, budgeting, and reporting skills Financial analysis and interpretation skills Analytical skills Accounts preparation and bank reconciliation skills Supervisory Skills Teamwork and Interpersonal Skills Attention to detail Presentation Skills Initiative
Qualifications A good university degree in Accounting Relevant professional qualifications (e.g. ICAN, ACCA, etc) A postgraduate degree will be an added advantage (MBA, etc)
Years of Experience Minimum 8 years industry experience