Reports to: General Manager Commercial and project sales
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Enhance Customer Service and Sales staff accomplishments and competence by planning delivery of solutions; answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members; instituting improved processes; mentoring team members.
- To serve as the primary point of contact for clients from design and project execution to, attending to client meetings and making presentation as may be required.
- Monitor and remain current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors.
- Prepare departmental sales performance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information from other members of the Customer Service and Sales Department
- Sell furniture products by establishing contact and developing relationships with prospects; recommending solutions.
- Maintain relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance.
- Make presentations to clients on the company’s product and services to facilitate the closure of sales
- Drive the organization’s Net Promoter Score (NPS) and ensure existing clients recommend to others
- Implement a culture of First Call resolution across the department
- Identify new markets by creating new opportunities using demographics and psychographics. Leverage other sectors in creating promos etc.
- Ensure timely Delivery and confirmation processes with transparency and simplicity
- Support great customer experience and tools for engagement/culture audit – support must be available to customers across multiple channels in a timely manner
- Obtain and articulate clients’ brief and assist them in identifying the solution they require.
- Ensure that clients’ are provided with weekly updates on their project or order
- Ensure that clients complaints are resolved on time
- Ensure that email and telephone enquiries are responded to promptly within 24 hours
- Ensure that quotations, tenders and job orders are accurately compiled before being sent to the clients.
- Daily showroom walkthrough to attach price tags to all items.
- Coordinate the update of departmental documentations regularly as assigned
- Update showroom stock movement records daily
- Coordinate the daily preparation of activity reports on the following; Sales closure,
- Number of unconfirmed orders converted to sales
- Growth of customers’ database,
- Walk-in clients: Prioritised and segmented by order value
- Number of online enquiries received and attended to
- Customer complaints received and resolved daily
- Visit clients’ sites as may be required (before commencement of project , during installation and after installation for resolution and sign off)
Key Performance Indicator (KPI) – success measure
- To deliver and maintain an efficient, proactive customer service department to drive sales revenue.
- Identifies business opportunities by identifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry; researching and analyzing sales options.
- To drive sales and achieve revenue target by engaging both new and existing customers. These will include visitors to the showroom, email enquiries, in bound telephone enquiries and enquiries via the Company website.
- To generate more business opportunities for the company by engaging with prospective clients and doing the same with present clients in order to secure repeat business and referrals.
- To develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of the company’s products and services; and have the ability to engage and advise clients on their furniture requirements and to resolve any customer complaints.
- Demonstrate a proven ability to network to deliver
- Business results.
- Functional (upselling): Team to generate primary Sales of =N=300M monthly.
- Tracking Source: Weekly sales report
Internal Process: Team to achieve zero for all documentations (Job order, drawing quotes briefs etc.
Tracking Source: weekly activity spreadsheet, job orders, deliverable and agreed timelines and support emails
External Process (Customer experience/Csat): Team to provide First call resolution (FCR) within 24 hours of receipt of call, email etc. Team to achieve NPS (9-10), Mystery shopping rating for customer experience (4 – 5)
Time Management: Meet project timeliness and sign offs with both internal and external stakeholders
Tracking Source: reports, minutes, emails etc.
Operating Environment (areas where the position differs from other similar positions in organizations)
Communication &Working Relationships
Customer Service and Sales representatives
Logistics and Procurement Team
Qualifications (education, training & professional development/certification
- First Degree from a recognized University
- MBA or MSc will provide an added advantage
- Customer Relationship Management system
- Enterprise Resource Planning
Skills & Knowledge (competencies & attributes)
Oral and written communication skills
Problem-solving and Innovative skills
Proven Supervisory skills
The Ability to Multitask
The ability to coordinate a team
Ability to work independently
Ability to be proactive and deliver results
Excellent interpersonal skills
Strong negotiation skills
Strong analytic skills
Attention to details
Technical - Sound knowledge of the Company’s products and services
Project Management Skills
Excellent Presentation skills
Proficiency in the Microsoft Package
Good understanding of the use of Social Media
Oral Comprehension — The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences
Oral Expression — The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand
Speech Clarity — The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
Speech Recognition — The ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
Near Vision — The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
Problem Sensitivity — The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
Written Expression — The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand
Written Comprehension — The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
Deductive Reasoning — The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense
Inductive Reasoning — The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively
- Service Orientation — Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Persuasion — Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Active Learning — Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making
- Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Social Perceptiveness — Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Time Management — Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Experience (years, depth & breadth & level of experience)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Customer service and sales oriented role.
- Including 2/3years in a Supervisory role
- Business Continuity / Succession
- Temporary Stand in (which role does your job when you are on leave?)
- Ideal Stand in (which role (with development/training) should be able to take over from you if you are promoted?)
Age: Below 40 years.
Salary range: 250000 – 300000
Bonuses are tied to performance.
Candidates must have: proactivity, integrity, quality, innovation and team spirit.