The key responsibilities include:
- Improve our culture: We take culture seriously and expects its employees to be great performers AND great teammates. Be fun to work with; honest, direct and genuine; give and receive feedback often; debate and fight for the best decisions; actively help other parts of the company outside your department.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of different types of fundraising for the company (equity, debt, and grant): Complete a landscape analysis of investment options, including creative ones. Advise management and the board on best funding practices given strategy maps and projects.
- Secure and pitch at meetings with the right potential investors: Create investment pipelines, secure meetings, pitch alongside side the CFO and rest of the executive team, ask the right questions and educate stakeholders about us. Everyone you meet should turn into a company evangelist. Build relationships with both local and international investor network
- Execute and organize the entire investment process: Make a project plan for each type of investment, execute it and communicate progress to the company regularly. Manage all contacts (probably make a simple CRM for this), notes, and investor information. Develop a system to follow up on all meetings, send out updates, report to the board, etc.
- Develop exceptional investment material: Create a great investor pack including financial model, teasers, decks, cap table, and all other supporting documents. Complete all the research needed for this as well. You may decide to use some extra support to get all this done if so recruit and manage them.
- Lead the investment processes end-to-end, from initial engagement to closing through to investor relations: to ensure we secure great, smart debt and investment terms that help their long-term vision.
- Manage all investment-related projects: These include due diligence, reviewing the employee stock option program, etc. You will be required to manage the commercials and engage our legal counsel(s) wisely across each area. Consult on the most important aspects and push these projects through to completion
- Recruit and lead a corporate finance team, including external consultants and partners to achieve results: evaluate and manage the counsel(s) and advisors where required; build a team of corporate 2 finance professionals. In each of these instances, ensure that partners are aware of the organization’s vision, are excited and are working with the team to achieve this.
- Eagerly pick up other projects: You will receive exposure throughout the entire company; therefore, you’ll be expected to provide assistance, support, knowledge to help deliver on a variety of projects and initiatives across the organization. Be excited to pick up various projects, some may not be strictly related to corporate finance and fundraising, but may be necessary in order for the organization to win!
What skills & experience do you need to apply?
- As a fast-growing company, the ideal candidates for this role are self-motivated and outgoing.
- We’re looking for fast learners with the ability to think strategically and creatively, especially those who enjoy working in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- We like people who are flexible and have the ability to enthusiastically respond to new tasks and challenges.
You should also have;
- 5-10 years’ experience in an investment-related role
- Demonstrate experience of having previously completed multiple transactions across debt, venture capital, private equity or M&A advisory, ideally from the sell-side
- Demonstrates the skills required to build and manage investor materials. Strong modeling skills, strategy skills to design asks and pitches, skills to make pitch decks and supporting documents.
- Ability to manage the capital table, etc.
- Highly developed and proven communication skills; oral, written and presentation
- Great and adept at pitching a clear, compelling and bold vision!
- Experience in building and leading high-performance teams
- Willingness to frequently travel internationally
- High levels of energy and drive, willingness to work hard
- Consistently high performer and excellent role model of the valued behaviors
- Accounting or Finance certification is a plus