We are looking for an experienced Head of Content Acquisition and Strategy to head our Content Acquisition Team. The role will maintain and drive relationships with key content partners (authors, publishers and other partners), help drive international expansion. and will be responsible for developing and executing content strategy, securing new content and additional rights, and performing competitive monitoring for content. The ideal candidate will have experience negotiating complex agreements, developing new business models, and delivering results in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Acquire, retain and engage authors, publishers, and media partners.
- Develop and document acquisition plans, financial metrics and goals for senior management.
- Perform business analysis of potential content partnerships and negotiate agreements accordingly.
- Establish collaborative cross-functional relationships with the Products and Content Operations teams to help execute partnership requirements and deliver on business objectives
- Manage and grow subordinate teams in the development of quality in-house content.
- Review content catalogues from major publishers and authors, and other content creators to help select and secure key titles that will help deliver against aggressive business metrics.
- Lead all aspects of content licensing negotiations, including content selection, financial analysis, forecasting, and technical requirements
- Maintain content database.
- Liaise with Content Operations team to ensure that all content placements are published by/within specified times on the portal.
- Conduct in-depth reporting to effectively analyze partner performance, identify potential opportunities and provide key requirements to technical teams to establish relevant partner tracking mechanisms.
- Lead compilation and prioritization of developer feedback and feature requests for platform product road map
- Prepare weekly reports and presentations as needed focused on key business intelligence, market analysis, competitive analysis, industry trends and insights as well as tracking KPIs.
- Advanced University degree in Commercial Law, Communications Arts, or other relevant disciplines, with a minimum of 8 years’ experience in Content Acquisition in the Media/Publishing/Telecommunications industry.
- Experience working in Publishing houses or other related digital content acquisition is an added advantage.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven ability to negotiate complex license or business development agreements in high pressure environments
- Strong financial and quantitative analysis experience
- An avid consumer of content across traditional, digital and social media with a passion for virtual reality and storytelling
- Possesses an existing network of content creators and developers or proven ability to navigate content and developer ecosystem
- Strong negotiation skills with a track record of excellence in a similar role
- Critical thinker with attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Demonstrated mastery of verbal and written communication skills including the ability to cultivate internal and external relationships
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills
- Clear upward communication and management skills. Results oriented individual.
- Ability to think, plan and execute resourcefully, across multiple tasks, with minimal supervision and change direction frequently with excellent project and time management skills
- Mastery of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint