Job Split: Market strategy, Sales & Business Development (Wholesale & Retail) implementation 50%, HR & Business Operations Management: 50%
- To manage the business operations of Axiom, with full responsibility for ensuring proper corporate governance, expansion and growth, reporting to the founders and board. He/she will support the Executive Directors in positioning Axiom Learning Solutions as leading in Education consultancy, while interfacing between board and management effectively, managing costs strategy and actively.
- The Head Of Commercial & HR is responsible to drive and oversee all HR, Business Development, CSR, Operational, Content & Learning functions of the business.
- The incumbent will work with the Executive Directors & Team to manage the day to day operational running of the business, to conceptualise and implement Business Development Strategies, Project management strategies, drive pan African expansion and find non-equity funding, to fund business growth.
- This position will be responsible for developing, managing and maintaining top key client relationships, to drive top-level business initiatives (internal & external), source new business development opportunities and arrange suitable solutions to clients on behalf of the company.
This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas:
- Lead the development of external wholesale & retail strategy plan and budget developed, in line with the company’s strategic and operating plans.
- Drive Axiom’s retail expansion to a US$1M business per annum minimum.
- Ensure efficient and effective commercialisation, identifying areas of the organisation that can be expanded and developed, marketing, business and promotional planning, sourcing, managing and implementing new business opportunities.
- Responsible to oversee, the development of Proposals, tenders and expression of interest activities
- Maintain existing relationships and also acquiring new relationships; ensuring strategic acquisition once a quarter
- Responsible for Axiom’s brand marketing
- Develop and implement a framework for maintaining the standards and practices for business development programs and initiatives.
- Liaise with other team members on the implementation of the company’s strategic and operational plans.
- Develop, review, and report on business development activities, ensuring the strategic objectives are well understood and executed.
- Ensure effective business and projects development and detailed/proper handover to executing unit heads.
- Prospect for potential new clients by networking, cold calling, advertising or other means of generating interest from potential clients and turn this into increased business/ ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Develop a rapport with new clients and provide the support that will continually improve the relationship.
- Identify potential clients and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Set up meetings between client, decision makers and Heads / attend meeting out of town to close up business deals on behalf of Axiom Directors.
- Carry out marketing/developmental activities to promote Axiom services.
- Seek opportunities for generating PR capital and Grants on behalf of the company
- Coordinate the management of incidents, issues and crises for the business, carrying all stakeholders along.
- Evaluate the effectiveness/experience of customer education initiatives in order to determine ROI and shape future plans and priorities
- Client Retention - Grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services to clients. Carry out marketing/developmental activities to promote Axiom Learning Solution services.
- Ensure proper quality assurance/monitoring and evaluation
- Liaise and establish a mutually benefiting relationship with customers, project stakeholders, prospects and interest groups on all business-related issues
- Create awareness and build the Axiom Learning Solutions brand in the mind of clients and prospects
- Perform any other additional duties as may be assigned.
Business Operations & HR Management
- Administer Talent/ People Management plans and procedures for all organisation personnel as well as assist in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures
- Plan staffing logistics and partake in staff recruitment for Axiom.
- Plan and manage the personal and professional development of the organisation’s employees, which involves employee orientation/induction, development and training.
- Administer Talent/ People Management plans and procedures for all organisation personnel as well as drive the development and implementation of employee policies and procedures
- Plan staffing logistics and partake in staff recruitment for the organization.
- Plan and manage the personal and professional development of the organisation’s personnel, which involves employee orientation, development and training.
- Drive the Talent management processes and Succession management in the company
- Drive initiatives to enhance Engagement, Culture and Performance Management system in the company.
Learning and Development
- Ensure the creation and implementation of a learning & content strategy designed to grow the business.
- Develop and implement a framework for maintaining the standards and practices for all projects management and development programs / initiatives.
- Provide direct management of key functional managers and executives in the learning and development unit.
- Engage with corporate officers in broader organizational strategic planning. Facilitate the creation and execution of a strategy, framework and structure for both the retail and wholesale arm of the business.
- Plan, develop, manage and execute program, ensuring continued alignment with ALS objectives.
- Ensure the overall delivery and quality of the company’s offerings to its clients & customers.
- Ensure the development of tactical programs to pursue targeted goals and objectives.
- Design and deliver on the development of formal training, assessment and development centres; management of programs and project to ensure growth within all sectors of the business. Ensure learning is retained and clients receive value.
- Continuously develop highly innovative solutions and learning programs for company clients as it aligns to the overall business strategy.
- Modify existing training e-learning content to reflect updates and the required quality as approved by the management
- Work hand in hand with the Executive Directors to conceptualisation; project implementation strategies, its management, and work-plan / implementation process.
- Work with the Learning team to create facilitator guides, workbooks, hand-outs, or other print materials in coordination with client’s need.
- Create original content for Axiom websites, newsletters, press releases, blogs, articles and advertising and marketing materials based on the requirements either for client/organization.
- Drive people and performance measurements working with the Head HR & Business Operations
- Ensure accurate budgeting and reconciliation reports within appropriate and agreed timeframes to Directors
- Assist in the process of procuring/implementing/administering a learning management system (LMS) and act as a producer for virtual training sessions as needed
- Develop research material for internal and external use
Management, Reporting and Research
Research, investigate and propose new ideas/methods used globally by other like-minded organisations that can be used for business growth.
Source for, initiate and implement creative partnerships with like-minded organisations
Develop and implement a framework for maintaining the standards and practices for business development programs and initiatives within the wholesale segment.
Responsible to handle Project forecast, manage and mitigate risk management.
Build robust information architecture maintaining an up-to-date library of archive and reference material.
Ensure appropriate Report writing on projects managed, within the agreed concept and ensure submissions as at when due.
Support the identification and development of strategic alliances to further improve the Company’s reputation and image as a thought leader.
Create, adhere and ensure adherence to feedback mechanism that will ensure 100% customer satisfaction
Provide activity/progress reports to the Management team weekly on pending tasks, proposals done to potential clients and status updates on existing clients.
Ensure all team members represent the company in the best light.
Manage and Oversee the L& Business D team to achieve departmental targets
Customer Relationship Management
Liaise and establish a mutually benefiting relationship with customers, project stakeholders, prospects and interest groups on all business-related issues
Create awareness and build the Axiom Learning brand in the mind of clients and prospects
Effectively build and maintain the relationship with old and prospective clients
Competencies and Skills
- Proven needs assessment and gap analysis skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to structure and articulate complex topics
- Strong project and program management skill set
- Planning and budgeting, assessment and management skill
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Strong drive for results & willing to travel.
- Strong People skills - Building Collaborative Relationships
- Strong business and commercial acumen
- Networking, Persuasion and Prospecting skills
- Takes ownership of actions and follows through on commitments
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Facilitation experience focused on personal and business leadership at individual, team and business levels
- Bright and confident personality.
- Good understanding of the education value chain
Will manage a team and serve as a coach and mentor for team members.
Required Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Organisational Development or any commercial related area.
- 15+ years’ of professional experience in learning and development, Business Development & Sales, and/or leadership & management development.
- A Master’s degree, CIPM OR SHRM Certification and/ or relevant post-graduate degree
- Projects Management Certification
A certification or training in learning design and implementation
Experience of delivering capacity building training or one to one tutoring
Experience of using software to support learning (e.g. using discussion forums, Skype, webinar, emails, e-workshops.)
Experience of the strategic planning process in NGOs, including risk assessment and building a capacity-building strategy/plan
Experience in networking and building partnerships.
- The ability to write clearly using plain, conversational English and to explain complex concepts in plain language.
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn and use web-based learning software (involving multi-tasking).
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and work cooperatively as a member of a team
- Bold assertive and confident