We are an Insurance Brokerage and Risk Management Services Company
With a new and progressive vision for 2019-2021, our client a well-established Insurance and Risk Management Services firm is looking at hiring Business Development Manager and Executives to expand their product development department and expand her market share within Nigeria. The Company offers life and non-life insurance products and services to individuals and institutions across Nigeria
Experience 6 years
Specifically, the candidate will:
- Gaining new business by identifying and exploiting opportunities in the local market;
- Responsible for developing new business, products and services;
- Strategy formulation and implementation;
- Actively monitor performance against budget and expected key indicators and promptly address deviations from these targets;
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with clients, primarily insurance companies and direct clients.
- Introducing new products and promoting them through regular visits and frequent communication with clients.
- Consulting and promoting the most effective cover for a particular need, taking a number of factors into account;
- Maintaining detailed knowledge of new and existing products by liaising with colleagues;
- Ensuring credibility with clients by maintaining detailed knowledge of current market conditions and competitors' products;
- Monitoring and reporting on performance against agreed sales targets, sometimes including monitoring the performance of other sales staff.
- Delivering good customer service by responding swiftly to queries and concerns from clients and third parties;
- Play a key role in the implementation of IT systems to support the business;
- Develop product documentation of the highest quality and distinction;
- General management, HR and supervisory skills;
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes:
- A bachelor's degree, preferably in Insurance, Actuarial Science or Mathematics & Statistics from a reputable institution;
- A master's degree in Insurance, Actuarial Science or Mathematics & Statistics will be an added advantage; relevant professional qualification(s) i.e. ACII, ACIIN, is highly desired.
- Minimum of six (6) years' marketing/business development in General insurance company or the big five insurance brokerage firms
- At least three years’ general insurance experience in a senior management position for a reputable insurance company;
- Thorough knowledge of the insurance regulatory environment; The Insurance Act and Regulations and the NAICOM guidelines;
- Must be computer literate, must be versed with online business platforms;
- Strong marketing skills is required for this role
- The candidate should also be knowledgeable in technical operations as brokers are professional intermediaries.
- Excellent presentation and communication/ writing skills
- Social media experience and an extrovert.
- Only candidates who fit the criteria above and hold previous Insurance experience will be contacted.
Very attractive with good career prospect and other work benefits.
Please ensure your Jobberman profile is 100% complete before applying for this job. Candidates with incomplete profiles have a much lower chance of having their applications viewed.