- The Head of Admin will report to the Assistant General Manager (AGM)
Resposibilities and Duties:
- Organize office operations and procedures in line with the approved policies guiding the Home.
- Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors and service providers
- Receive incoming calls and emails; respond appropriately and route correspondences to the appropriate quarters
- To ensure that the Company's financial and administrative procedures are adhered to and to work within a set budget.
- Forecast requirements; provide support in the preparation of annual budget; schedule expenditures; analyse variances; initiating corrective actions
- Create database and spread sheets to improve inventory management and reporting accuracy
- Receive store supplies, donations (cash and kind) in the home.
- Set up a structure for monitoring fixed and non-fixed inventory in the home.
- Monitor maintenance and repairs of all company assets in home
- To be involved in recruitment of staff in the Home, including vetting, interviewing and inducting new employees.
- provide daily training and motivation for staff
- Assess HR requirements in Ikota and advise appropriately
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT/P.R MANAGEMENT:
- Researching business opportunities and viable income streams for the orphanage.
- Manage company publicity and programmes
- Manage company social media platforms and online communications including Heritage website and online chats.
- Liaise with the various internal and external partners /stakeholders and donors to ensure that the care needs of new and existing children are met.
- Complete special projects by organizing and coordinating information and requirements; planning, arranging, and meeting schedules; monitoring results
- Design and implement a strategy for raising funds for the home.
HEALTH, SAFETY & ENVIRONMENT:
- To ensure a clean and safe environment at all times; ensure that the physical state of the building is maintained to a high standard and that all repair/maintenance problems are dealt with promptly.
- Any other such duties as may be required from time to time by the Management.
Head of Admin’s Requirements:
- B.Sc. or HND in Business Administration or any related discipline
- Experience working in an educational, non-profit or medical institution (not less than 5 years ) required
- General office administration
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Emotional resilience
- High level of integrity and discretion
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people of different educational, linguistic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional leadership, time, task, and resource management skills
- Working with children out of their home environment
- Ability to offer a high level of pastoral care to children