American AirSea Cargo, a reputable organization whose core mission has been the provision of stress-free air and ocean shipping with excellent services to individuals and organizations at the most cost-effective price. We are seeking to hire a result-oriented Accounts professional with extensive experience in Accounts, Finance, Tax and Audit, to fill the position above.
- We are seeking to hire a result-oriented Accounts professional with extensive experience in Accounts, Finance, Tax and Audit
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for overseeing the general accounting, financial reporting as well as financial servicing functions.
Such an individual will be expected to do the following:
- Prepare a daily report of the balance sheet of all transactions made.
- Identify specific deficiencies and areas of weakness in the accounting systems within the first month of resumption and make practical recommendations for improvement.
- Ensure that services and projects profitability yield 100% returns by the 1st quarter by analyzing various costs and revenue and implementing risk management procedures to prevent loss.
- Verifies the accuracy of receipts, transfer, etc., by conducting detail audits of shipments on a regular basis and constantly monitors to ensure that order processed match total revenue.
- Propose optimization plans for anti-fraud work process and standardization to ensure that fraudulent orders are reduced to zero weekly.
- Ensures that all weekly payment orders are processed before payment cut off deadlines
- Preparation of staff payroll and ensure that employees’ salaries are remitted before 30th of each month.
- Ensure withholding tax is remitted within 21 days of deduction by the organization.
- Ensure Pension funds are remitted to the various accounts by the administrators within 10 days of remittance.
- Ensure all creditors’ and debtors’ balances are diligently & completely recorded and accounted for daily.
- Implement and maintain a system of internal controls that will ensure that company assets are adequately safeguarded and that all financial reporting is prepared in compliance with all regulatory financial policies.
- The prospective employee will be expected to operate in line with our workplace values which are centred around being a team player with zero tolerance for compromise, providing stress-free and excellent service delivery to ensure maximum customer satisfaction
- At least 3 years managerial experience in Accounts and Financial Management
- ICAN/ACCA or other affiliated professional membership
- Experience within a shipping and logistics business environment is desirable.
- Strong knowledge of IFRS, internal controls and financial reporting is required.
- Strong analytical, financial modelling and commercial reporting skills
- Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's (This must be saved with your full names).
- Email subject should be 'Head of Accounts'.
Recruitment Process/Method of Application:
- Our shortlisting methods will be solely based on applicants’ ability to demonstrate, understand and apply our organization’s core values throughout the application process.
- These values are embedded in all roles and as such applicants must evidence such to be considered.
- Only applications which meet up with the set criteria will be shortlisted.
How to Apply?
Please login to see application instructions.