Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership in the application and interpretation of the Company’s rules and regulations in administration of investment agreements in accordance to regulators.
- Ensure that all Investment and Fund accounting reports are prepared and submitted in a timely manner.
- Source investments to be made on behalf of the Company.
- Perform the appropriate due diligence to substantiate the long-term value of investments and confirm that investments are consistent with the Company’s investment guidelines and Regulatory requirement.
- Oversee all the legal negotiations and related activity necessary to close acquisitions and/or loan transactions.
- Oversee all portfolio and asset management responsibilities during the term of the investment.
- Develop appropriate ongoing investment management strategies.
- Develop valuation models in order to report accurate information to the Company with respect to the value of its investment.
- Oversee all disposal efforts and maximize the value of the asset.
- Present investment information, such as product risks, fees, or fund performance statistics.
- Review and design appropriate workflow systems, procedures and processes that ensure efficiency and effectiveness of the support function that investment provides.
- Review and ensure existence of appropriate systems that provide for funds accountability.
- Prepare Reports including quarterly investment reports, pipeline and accruals report.
- Any other duty as assigned by the supervisor or the designate.
- Candidate must have cross-functional experience on Fixed Income Securities and Money/Equity Markets.
- Minimum of 12 - 15 years post-graduation experience in financial management, 5 of which must be in Managerial capacity, preferably from the Pension Industry;
- Ability to analyze and interpret regulatory rules and requirements.
- Educational qualification should be a BSc in Economics, Accounting, Business Administration or any relevant field and a MSc/MBA from a recognized institution.
- Possession of CIS; ICAN or CFA will be an added advantage.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.