Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assists in development of the institution's annual audit plan.
2. Manages performance of audit assignments, reviews workpapers and audit reports; edits reports prepared by other auditors.
3. Schedules and plans audits; initiates project planning, assess risk and develops audit direction.
4. Performs preliminary planning and establishes direction for audits, provides leadership to assigned auditors, manage project to quality outcomes, while meeting established time budget.
5. Performs audit work, including plan preparation, workpapers, finding, and associated reports; verifies the accuracy of financial records as they pertain to assets, liabilities, receipts, expenditures, and related transactions.
6. Coordinates and interacts with Regents, administrators, faculty, and staff, and with external audit and law enforcement agencies, as needed; may be required to testify in court; may also be required to interact with university students and alumni, and with vendors doing business with the university.
Minimum Job Requirements
· Bachelor's degree; at least 7 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
· Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
· Knowledge of auditing policies, standards, and procedures.
· Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
· Ability to analyze and solve problems.
· Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
· Employee development and performance management skills.
· Knowledge of auditing concepts and principles.
· Ability to develop and implement audit plans and schedules.
· Knowledge of financial record keeping procedures, laws, regulations, and standards.
· Ability to persuade and influence others.