- The Board Internal Audit Committee.
- Review and evaluate the audit practice in the organization
- Ensure that the present audit practice in the company is in line with the international audit standard.
- The head of internal audit must ensure that the department complies with sound internal auditing standards and with a relevant code of ethics.
- To independently carry out the evaluation and examination of the effectiveness and efficiency of the internal control, risk management, and governance systems.
- To carry out a periodic review of the compliance activities within the organization in line with the local laws and regulations.
- Promote and support a culture of compliance, risk avoidance/mitigation, and corporate accountability throughout the bank via training and knowledge in sharing.
- Regular monitoring and supervision of the field auditors assignments and also report the audit findings from the field auditors to the appropriate authority.
- To have a detailed understanding of the all checklist provided from HO and ensure its effectively disseminated to the other auditors.
- Prepare reviews and evaluation of annual audit budget and audit plan.
- Safeguard the asset of the company.
- Carry out special assignments, investigations that may request from the management
- Ensure that all the regulatory and statutory requirements are adhered to and all payments are returns done by the prescribed due dates
- Verification of vouchers and payments to confirm its authorization, approval limit, and completeness
- The head of the audit ensures that the reporting deadline for all audit reports requested by the HO is met and strictly adhered to.
Preferred candidate must have
- A bachelor’s degree with a minimum of second class lower division (2:2) in Finance related field
- Professional qualifications – ACA, ACCA, CFA is required.
- A minimum of five years of experience in Internal Audit or related environment and at least of these years must be in a supervisory capacity.
- He must be able to work in a fast-paced financial environment.
- He must be willing to travel and work in different parts of Nigeria.
- He must possess good communication skills – the ability to write quality and coherent reports for management information and decision.