A firm in the manufacturing sector seeks qualified candidates to fill this role
Reports to: COO
System Administration and Networks Officer
Applications Support Officer
Branch IT Officers
- Oversee the formulation, facilitation and implementation of strategies, policies and frameworks that ensures that the Information Technology department effectively supports the business and contributes to the realization of overall corporate objectives and goals
- Coordinate and oversee the management of the company’s information technology infrastructure
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee and champion the articulation and development of the IT department’s strategy and ensure alignment with the organization’s corporate strategy, business goals and objectives
- Oversee and manage day to day IT functions and IT resources (including hardware and software) for the benefit of the organization.
- Ensure effective deployment of resources in order to achieve minimum down time in the following areas:
- Network Infrastructure availability
- Core Operational ERP software availability
- Deploy approved Information Systems strategies and monitor strategy implementation to ensure relevance to company operations.
- Provide broad guidelines for the development and implementation of data management/ warehousing strategies to ensure the integrity and security of the company’s data and proper use of IT infrastructure
- Improve service provision to users through the identification of infrastructure and service requirements.
- Identify and manage relationships with service providers and ensure consistent adherence to agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Coordinate the provision of support to all users for all business and administrative applications software including Navision, CRM and Self Service Portal.
- Serve as a technical resource and take ownership of hardware and software acquisition, customization and roll-out initiatives
- Ensure proper licensing of all applications and software utilized by the company
- Ensure continued relevance of hardware and software to the company’s operations.
- Oversee the preparation of the department’s annual budget and monitor its implementation
- Supervise compilation of departmental needs for input into the overall corporate budget.
- Monitor expenditures of the department to conform to budgetary requirements
- Provide overall leadership to IT subordinates in subsidiaries and manage the day-to-day activities of the department
- Continually review and assess the effectiveness and efficiency of the IT department’s policies, procedures and processes and identify improvement opportunities
- Prepare and submit periodic management reports on the activities of the IT department for board and management decision-making
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the COO
Key Performance Indicators
- Internal customer satisfaction
- Cost efficiency of the department (measured by variance between department’s actual expenditure compared to budgeted expenditure)
- Accuracy and timeliness of management reports
- Network/Intranet/Internet down times
- Quality of IT service delivery (system availability, stability, reliability, efficiency, etc.)
- Compliance with technical/product development standards and procedures
- IT infrastructure availability
- Timely resolution of IT infrastructure issues
- Compliance with internal and external Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Responsiveness of user/software maintenance support
- Number of new technologies introduced
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or any related discipline from a reputable tertiary institution
- Professional or post-graduate qualification in Information Technology including ITIL, CISM, CGEIT, CBAP, ITSQB, etc.
- Ten (10) years relevant experience of which at least three (3) must have been at a management level with significant exposure to network infrastructure, operations, application support
Skills and Competencies:
- Advanced knowledge of network architecture, design, management, switching and routing including server, LAN and WAN management
- Advanced knowledge of network management and security system
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP protocol
- Exposure to data processing, hardware platforms, Microsoft Dynamics NAV and CRM, and outsourced systems.
- Working knowledge of system development standards, policies and procedures
- In-depth knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to IT
- Excellent understanding of project management principles
- Ability to translate business needs into technology requirements
- Strong communication, report writing and presentation skills
- Excellent negotiation and problem solving skills
- High integrity and ethical standards
- Strong leadership, supervisory and people management skills
- Good administration and organisation skills