A reputable organisation seeks to fill the above position with suitable and qualified persons.
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Maintains organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counselling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
- Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Develop and Maintain policies and standard operation procedures to scale.
- Maintains a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counselling employees and supervisors.
- Maintains employees benefit programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
- Maintain management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Completes human resource operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains human resource staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting and training employees.
- Maintains human resource staff job results by counselling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
Skills and Experience
- Good People skills
- Ability to lead and Manage Employees
- Participating in employee discipline and possible legal appeals for terminated staff
- Organisational Skills
- Sensitivity in Handling Confidential Issues
- Ability to develop and follow written procedures to perform data entry and the production of standard computer reports using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Publisher). Understand and be able to work with document scanning and photo manipulation. Proficient in report writing.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills required to maintain good working relationships with colleagues, train co-workers, write and summarize standard reports;
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment; acquire a thorough knowledge of procedures, policies and operations which apply to the functional area in which the position is assigned.
- Ability to adapt quickly to constant changes in priorities and deadlines, moving between assignments effectively. Ability to organize, coordinate, and perform multiple tasks efficiently and accurately.
- Ability to negotiate and work with suppliers.
- Must possess good coordination skills.
- Proficiency in the use of Msoffice is Compulsory.
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resources, Business or a related field.
- Must have at least 2 years of work experience.
- CIPM Certification is an added advanatge
- Proficiency in Enterprise Resource Planning software is a must.