- Administer compensation, benefits and performance management
- systems, and safety and recreation programs;
- Advise managers on organizational policy matters such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment, and recommend needed changes;
- Analyze and modify compensation and benefit policies to establish competitive programs and ensure compliance with legal requirements;
- Identify staff vacancies and recruit, interview and select applicants;
- Perform difficult staffing duties, including dealing with understaffing,
- refereeing disputes, firing employees, and administering disciplinary procedures;
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives;
- Plan, direct, supervise, and coordinate work activities of subordinates
- and staff relating to employment, compensation, labor relations, and employee relations;
- Plan, organize, direct, control or coordinate the personnel, training, or labor relations activities of an organization;
- Represent the organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations;
- Proactively supports the delivery of HR Processes in the organization;
- Manages complex and difficult HR Projects cross-functionally;
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts and helping resolve work-related problems.
Qualifications and requirements
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or a related field;
- Master’s degree in relevant field
- Professional Certification
- Ability to give full attention to what other staff are saying, to motivate, develop, and direct staff as they work, and identify the best candidate for the job;
- Ability to be aware of others' reactions and understanding why they
- react as they do, to use logic and reason to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, and to bring others together and trying to reconcile differences
- Emotional Intelligence
- Competencies (in order of importance)
- Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Stress Tolerance — Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
- Leadership — Job requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations. Initiative — Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and