First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria's largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has an international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
Daily supervise the activities of the five sub-units, namely:
- MasterCard Settlement
- VISA Settlement
- E-tranzact Settlement
- Interswitch Settlement
In-House Processes & Support
- Manage the unit for timely and accurate settlement of ALL e-transactions on ALL e-channels offered by the bank. These transactions include:
- International transactions done by FBN issued cards
- Domestic transactions done by FBN issued cards on channels deployed by other Banks
- Transactions done on FBN deployed channels by cards issued by other Nigerian Banks
- Transactions done on FBN deployed channels by cards issued by international Banks
- Transactions done on FBN deployed channels from directly from First bank accounts (e.g FirstCheckOut and BAP transactions)
- Handle all administrative matters relating to the Unit, staff and other resources including provision of information on duties and responsibilities and other staff data to such Departments and Units as HCMD, First Academy, Internal Audit.
- Ensure the timely and accurate remittance of collections via the Bank’s Branches on the various e-payment platforms deployed in the Bank, to the various billers in line with agreed SLAs.
- Ensure timely processing and dispatch of Diaspora Banking customers PIN requests as well as effective and timely collection, collation and dispatch of Visa debit card PIN mailers requests to Branches.
- Manage the timely resolution of issues relating to e-transactions with the Switches, Third Party Processors and Correspondent Bank
- Interface and work with FINCON on requests for the unit from internal and external auditors as well as implement audit recommendations.
- Provide accounting procedures (online and settlement entries) for new e-products being launched by E-business Group, Transaction Banking Group and any other section of the bank whose products leverages on the switches. Also ensure that these procedures are smoothly implemented.
- Liaise with stakeholders for review of existing settlement processes with a view to providing automation required for increased efficiency and amendment/correction/enhancement of existing application.
- Minimum Education: 1st Degree in a numerate discipline
- Minimum experience: 8 years, 3 of which must have been spent in e-Banking/Products.