The Role Profile
- Solving problems and being willing to go the extra mile to ensure customer satisfaction, while also being responsible for the coordination of various Emergency Management activities.
- Good candidates for this position are strong-willed, have the ability to make logical decisions in a high pressure environment and, seek methods for improving efficiency on a daily basis.
- To this end the following competencies are essential for a successful delivery:
- Excellent prioritization and analytical skills.
- Take responsibility for the image of the company.
- Service Orientation - Ability to maintain a friendly and professional demeanor when interacting with customers.
- Ability to analyze large volumes of statistical data.
- A proven track record of leading and managing a large customer service team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with ever present deadlines.
- Good understanding of CRM systems and practices.
- Complex Problem Solving, Judgment and Decision Making
- Excellent verbal and written communication
Working knowledge of all, but not limited to the following:
- National Incident Management System (NIMS) and Standardized Emergency
- Management System (SEMS) Command Structure o Safety Systems Implementation o Project Management o Software Application related
The Key Functions
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Identify customer problems and provide appropriate solutions.
- Proactively follow up leads and reach out to understand customers’ problems.
- Create/update help tickets to document customer interactions.
- Be able to deal with escalated complex support issues.
- Interact with other internal departments to resolve customer issues.
- Provide internal feedback regarding reoccurring issues (e.g. improper packaging, internal miscommunication) that can affect customer satisfaction.
- Train/support other representatives within the team.
- Review statistical reports with vendors to identify trends and assess performance.
- Identify call centre improvement opportunities to increase effectiveness and efficiency.
- Seek feasible solutions to technical and logistical issues.
- Work with the technology department to troubleshoot problems and design ideal technology solutions.
- Develop efficient methods to staff call centre representatives based on call volume.
- Emergency Response Management - develop an effective emergency program and serve as the key leader in planning, coordination of operations, community liaison to build the emergency program, and supporter of mitigation efforts.
- Oversee the Safety Program and provide strategies and risk assessment decisions in order to minimize employee injuries, protect equipment, and meet regulatory requirements.
- Plan, direct and provide disaster preparedness training and prepare emergency plans and procedures for emergencies.
- Ensure the technical skills are mastered and lead, design and deliver technical training programs.
- Coordinate activities of selected Emergency Management programs as assigned.
- Participate in debrief meetings to evaluate the readiness of staff and the efficacy of emergency plans.
- Assist with the development of the budget for Emergency Management programs.
- Identify, recruit, select, coordinate and maintain a cadre of instructors/ recruiters/ presenters/ volunteers and resource staff to support various programs.
- Work with Marketing to promote Emergency Management programs to city, businesses, media, service organizations, etc.
- Assist in maintaining and updating communications including, e-mail lists, social media, newsletters, web site, and other external communications.
- Maintain documentation of Emergency Management program activities and personnel.
Education and Qualifications Requirements
- University degree Education: Bachelor’s Degree is required preferably in Emergency Management, Health and Safety, Risk Management, Public Administration, Social Sciences, or related field.
- HSE Certification is a plus
- 3+ years of relevant customer service and emergency management is required.
- An individual with international experience will be an added advantage.
- Certification in related areas of training or programs is highly desirable.
This is a full-time position, based in Lekki Phase 1, Lagos State. The salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.