REPORTS TO: General Manager
Responsible for the consistent preparation of innovative and creative cuisine of the highest quality, presentation and flavor for the dining rooms, banquets and other food facilities, resulting in outstanding guest satisfaction and patronage.
Additionally, responsible for the smooth running of the kitchen and manage areas of profit, stock, wastage control, hygiene practices and training within the kitchen.
- Trains, develops and motivates supervisors and culinary staff to meet and exceed established food preparation standards on a consistent basis.
- Teaches preparation according to well-defined recipes and follows up and discusses ways of constantly improving the cuisine at the property.
- Displays exceptional leadership by providing a positive work environment, counselling employees as appropriate and demonstrating a dedicated and
- professional approach to management.
- Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees ' absence or determine appropriate replacement to fill gaps.
- Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and motivate kitchen staff.
- S/he advocates sound financial/business decision making demonstrates honesty, integrity and leads by example.
- Provides and supports service behaviours that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual
- coaching when needed.
- Delegates as appropriate to develop supervisors and subordinates to accept responsibility and meet clearly defined goals and objectives.
- Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs, and financial objectives are met.
- Actively involves in menu development and maintaining updated and accurate costing of all dishes prepared and sold in the Food and Beverage operation.
- Determines how food should be presented, and create decorative food displays.
- Recognizes superior quality products, presentations and flavour.
- Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
- Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
- Ensures all equipment in the kitchen is properly maintained and in working order in accordance with local Health department and hotel
- Reviews guest feedback form for guest satisfaction results and other
- data to identify areas of improvement.
- Coordinates with the purchase unit for acquisition of needed goods and services.
- Ensures all products are prepared in a consistent manner and meet
- departmental appearance/quality standards.
- Ensures proper grooming and hygiene standards for all kitchen staff.
- Ensures all kitchen employees maintain required food handling and sanitation certifications.
- Ensures proper purchasing, receiving and food storage standards in the kitchen.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on food quality, presentation and service levels.
- Actively responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Maintain Quality levels of receiving, storage, production and presentation of food.
- Ensures sufficient staffing levels are scheduled to accommodate
- business demands.
- Follows and enforces all applicable safety procedures specified for
- kitchen and food servers.
- Discusses daily food cost reports with key kitchen and F&B team members.
- Reviews weekly and monthly schedules to meet forecast and budget.
- Attend the daily morning meetings and other administrative sessions.
- Identifies the developmental needs of kitchen staff and provide coaching, mentoring, and also helping them to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Trains kitchen associates on the fundamentals of good cooking and excellent plate presentations. Also interview and hire new applicants for the kitchen.
- Frequently review finished products for quality and presentation
- before the orders are sent to the guest.
- Able to perform additional duties as requested by the hotel management as and when required.
- Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to hotel operational Standard and Management Policy.
- And any other task that may be assigned by management from time to time.
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
Having an eye for detail and creativity to look at things differently will be a key to developing the Food and Beverage Experience.
Able to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication in English.
Proficiency with computers and computer programs, including Microsoft Word,
Excel and Outlook.
Hospitality Management or equivalent Culinary Diploma or university degree.
With a minimum of four years experience in a similar capacity/function in a reputable hotel with a strong background in HACCP procedures and application.