Translation project open which will run for three months: April - June. Material to be translated is generic, not relating to any specific field and mostly colloquial and telegraphic style.
Translation will be done on an online tool.
Required monthly output is equivalent of 75 single spaced A4 pages per month (around 3.5 pages daily).
Quality of translation is very important and will determine participation in future projects. Every work will be checked for quality.
There are specific instructions guiding the translations and these have to be followed, as such participant needs to be able to understand and follow instructions.
Hausa, Fulah, Igbo, Yoruba linguists are required.
Specify language being applied for.
- Translate English text to specified language and vice versa
- Use specified translation software
- Run checks on the translations to mitigate errors
- Maintain consistency in translations
- Carry out bug fixes on translations reported with errors
- Report any issues hindering work swiftly so it can be addressed
- Native speaker of language applied for
- Proficient knowledge of English both oral and written
- Degree/certificate in translation or linguistics (or related field) or equivalent experience
- Very good grammar and spelling skills in target language
- Familiarity with computers and linguistic software packages
- Ability to understand instructions and follow them
- Ability to learn quickly
- Excellent attention to detail
- Accountability, ability to meet deadlines and to work in a team
If available and interested, your applications are welcome. Selected candidates will be contacted.