Our Client, a diversified business group with interests in key sectors of the Nigerian economy. These sectors include Agriculture, Manufacturing, International Trade, Logistics, Pharmaceuticals and Supermarket are looking to hire a Group Head, Internal Audit.
- Develop and implement comprehensive internal auditing policies and procedures for the various Strategic Business Units of the Group.
- Prepare Internal audit plan and provide oversight and direction in the execution, and reporting of internal audit engagements and projects within established timelines and budgets.
- Coordinate with External Auditors, ensuring efficient implementation of the overall statutory financial audit plans.
- Oversee and review the drafting of internal audit reports and other audit deliverables, and direct the work conducted by external auditors.
- Conduct periodic financial, compliance, operational and special audits and carry out investigations into reported irregularities, as required.
- Review analyses of non-conformities, discuss audit findings across the organization and suggest recommendations.
- Report to the Group Chief Operating Officer/ Board of Directors regarding internal control matters, results of audit reviews, the progression of audit plan and any other matters of discussion.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and changing regulatory guidelines to enable the development and implementation of appropriate control measures and monitoring mechanism as well as their continuous update / revision.
- Attend and participate in relevant meetings with key stakeholders.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Group Chief Operating Officer or Board
- First degree in Accounting or any relevant field
- Professional accounting certification, e.g. ACA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA, CISA or other relevant higher business degree as an added advantage
- 10 years of internal audit experience in a reputable organization, with at least five (5) years at managing the strategic direction of a business risk unit.
- Knowledge of internal audit methodologies, corporate governance procedures and accounting standards.
- Demonstrated understanding of operational dynamics.
- Good report writing and oral communication skills.
- Good knowledge and hands on practical experience and use of accounting packages and systems.
- Good decision making and problem solving skills.
- Good leadership and people management skills.
Please ensure your Jobberman profile is 100% complete before applying for this job. Candidates with incomplete profiles have a much lower chance of having their applications viewed.