- Oversees the proper maintenance of the company’s books of accounts and finances
- Reviews the company’s financial management systems and processes, and makes appropriate recommendations to management
- Provides efficient tax management and administration services
- Co-ordinates the preparation of statutory and regulatory returns
- Ensures timely preparation of the company’s financial and management reports
- Reviews the company’s cost structure and position, and makes appropriate cost reduction/management recommendations
- Forecasting monthly, quarterly and annual results
- Supervise all financial tasks of the company and ensure capital and resources are used beneficially and profitably
- Collaborate with relevant departments to deliver -timely the company’s budget planning, reporting and management processes
- Manages accounts receivables and payables
- Provides required support to external auditors and NAICOM examiners to ensure effective and timely completion of the audit/examination process
- Ensures compliance with internal controls and NAICOM guidelines.
- Supervise, Manage, Mentor and Develop a team of accountants
- Undertakes all functions related to the management of the company’s books of accounts and finances
- Develops and executes the company’s cash flow management and credit control strategy and optimization of the company’s financial management process.
- Provides Leadership in knowledge and adoption of new International Financial Reporting Standards and ensure adherence to regulatory requirements.
- Provides management with accurate and timely financial information and reports.
- Minimum of first degree or its equivalent in numerate or semi-numerate disciplines such as actuarial sciences, statistics, mathematics, accounting, economics, banking, finance, insurance, and business studies.
- Minimum of 12 – 15 years post qualification experience of which at least 8 must have been in the Insurance Services Sector and 5 years in Management /senior management position.
- A recognized professional qualification would be an added advantage. (With ACCA or ICAN).