We are seeking a new Graphic Designer to join our team. You will be designing a wide variety of things across digital and offline media. To be successful in this position, you’ll be a self-starter, capable of delivering brilliant creative ideas, and show amazing attention to detail.
· Planning concepts by studying relevant information and materials.
· Illustrating concepts by designing examples of art arrangement, size, type size and style and submitting them for approval.
· Preparing finished art by operating necessary equipment and software.
· Coordinating with outside agencies, art services, web designer, marketing, printers, and colleagues as necessary.
· Contributing to team efforts by accomplishing tasks as needed.
· Communicating with clients about layout and design.
· Creating a wide range of graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos, and websites with software such as photoshop.
· Reviewing final layouts and suggesting improvements when necessary.
- liaising with clients to determine their requirements and budget
- managing client proposals from typesetting through to design, print and production
- working with clients, briefing and advising them with regard to design style, format, print production and timescales
- developing concepts, graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos, and websites
- determining size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, and font style and size
- preparing rough drafts of material based on an agreed brief
- reviewing final layouts and suggesting improvements if required
- liaising with external printers on a regular basis to ensure deadlines are met and material is printed to the highest quality.
· Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field.
· Experience as a graphic designer or in related field.
· Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio.
· Proficiency with required desktop publishing tools, including Photoshop, InDesign Quark, and Illustrator.
· A strong eye for visual composition.
· Effective time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
· Able to give and receive constructive criticism.
· Understanding of marketing, production, website design, corporate identity, product packaging, advertisements, and multimedia design.
· Experience with computer-aided design.
- Excellent IT skills, especially with design and photo-editing software
- Exceptional creativity and innovation
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- An understanding of the latest trends and their role within a commercial environment
- Professional approach to time, costs and deadlines
Where Will You Work
Our Office is located in a serene private central location in Abuja. You will be working with a team of 7 others in the same office but might be required to report to our other offices within Abuja to help field staff with deployment and training on Catalogue Management Tasks.
What Are We Looking Out For
Talent is a very important requirement for any role. In addition to this we require a disciplined individual who is keen on taking new challenges. As much as we believe in learning on the job, we are looking for a professional who would use their experience to add increased value to our work output and not slow down our processes with lack of relevant knowledge required for this role. This is why we are only encouraging professionals who can carry out the listed responsibilities and requirements without consistent Departmental Supervision.
Dedication to work is an essential requirement. Our organisation offers very generous sales commissions for each assigned job hence we absolutely do not condone "Personal Projects" during official hours.
The ideal candidate would be a young vibrant individual, talented in their field and looking to build an impressive portfolio within a year and also work on captivating and impactful projects
Things To Note
- You must have a portfolio to present
- You will be required to duplicate from scratch at least 2 randomly chosen designs from your portfolio during the interview process
- Unfortunately, we do not offer employee accommodation
- Employees are given a Transportation Allowance
- Our organisation maintains a strict Biometric Attendance Policy
- You will have the opportunity to earn from our other departments not related to IT.
- Start Date is 1st June 2019, orientation 1 week before.