The African Mental Health Awareness and Care Initiative NIGERIA (AMHACI) is a Non-Governmental Organisation keen in saving as much lives as possible and provide access to true high-quality Mental Health services, we usually don't provide direct clinical services. We have for mission to inspire and empower people, governments, institutions, corporations, organisations to engage in positive change through mental health advocacy, support, accreditation and training. Our motivation is to promote, defend, develop, implement and take all necessary actions to ensure and protect the Mental Health Well-Being of Nigerians. The World Health Organization has demonstrated that Mental Health problems will take the lead of the most devastating non-communicable illnesses by 2030 if we continue to ignore the alarming sings of deterioration of quality of life and risks affiliated to that deterioration.
- To advocate for a national MH strategy and mental health policies;
- To build MH programs and services inline with international standards to improve social and mental health;
- To engage in research to understand the specific needs and gaps in the population;
- To train on mental health and other related fields of expertise to reduce stigmatization, false beliefs & perceptions and improve accessibility of service and prevention programs;
- To protect the rights of the psychologically vulnerable and/or affected/traumatized/stigmatized persons and communities including individuals suffering from the wrongful use and /or abuse of drugs and other substances for the protection, preservation and the restitution of the inalienable right to the dignity of the Human Being by, and through advocacy and where necessary criminal and civil litigation is required.
- AMHACI has also developed 2 specific programs: 1. ‘HEADS’UP to encourage the accreditation of mental health professionals and NGO’s willing to reach international standards of practices and get an international recognition. 2. DREAMS’UP is designed to intervene in each State and provide support to all layers of the communities and everywhere on its territory, where a response is needed and where we can sow hope with various entrepreneurial projects related to the protection of environment.
- In its progression of deployment, AMHACI is opening 3 internship positions. These positions are to begin as soon as possible with a mandate of 10 weeks, with the possibility to fill new vacant positions January 1st.
- The Grants Officer provides proactive and oriented support in searching all types of competitive research and development grants from various sources of funding. The incumbent coordinates the receipt, acknowledgement and tracking of grant applications and the assignment of these applications to internal reviewers. The Grants Officer promotes research and development funding opportunities, reviews grant proposals for compliance and eligibility and submit it to the Development Team Supervisor.
- In doing so, the position contributes to achieving AMHACI’s objective of increasing its external income, and maintains AMHACI’s good reputation for effective and efficient grant management and administration.
- We are looking for candidates who have already an international NGO experience. Each candidate must have his own working tools. Beyond the profile of competences and experiences, all candidates must comply with the AMHACI philosophy based on empowerment and its values : Empathy, humility, integrity and excellence.
- The internship program is set for 32 hours a week, provided with calling & traveling expenses coverage. A certificate of internship is provided upon a full completion.
How to Apply?
Please login to see application instructions.