Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
Does This Description Fit You?
Key Activities in your Role will include:
To lead the development of donor reports in line with the Action Against Hunger Nigeria Mission and donor requirements:
- Responsible for the overall management of delegated donor reporting processes, especially narrative reporting. This will include ensuring narrative reports are timely, comprehensive, coherent and in line with donor requirements.
- Ensure in particular that reporting guidelines, formats, philosophy, deadlines for each project and donor is communicated clearly and standardized across the country for new and on-going projects.
- Maintain a reporting tracker, and ensure regular and timely sharing of formats and requirements with the relevant departments.
- Ensure that donor timelines and deadlines are monitored, managed, and met for project reporting;
- Development formats for, prepare, review, compile, provide feedback on, and finalize draft donor reports, editing for format, grammar, and content.
- Develop knowledge of Action Against Hunger internal policies, reporting and proposal guidelines for donor organizations funding Nigeria programs/projects;
To support the Grants & Compliance Co in the development of high quality funding proposals in line with the Action Against Hunger Nigeria Mission, international strategies as well as donor requirements:
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of Action Against Hunger internal policies and proposal guidelines for donor organizations funding Nigeria programs/projects.
- Support the coordination between technical and operational teams to ensure that proposals and concept notes are developed with required input from all relevant departments and to ensure that the documents meet quality standards, and are prepared in compliance with donor requirements.
- Conduct secondary research in order to inform new opportunities and designs.
- Develop Action Against Hunger Nigeria concept notes and proposals, abiding by the guidelines set out by the donor and by Nigeria internal policies. This will involve developing proposal documents including narrative proposals, budget narrative, narrative, monitoring and evaluation documents, and other documents as necessary.
- Coordinate with staff from other Action Against Hunger Nigeria departments (technical sectors, finance, and field staff) to compile relevant information and documents to support proposal development.
- Coordinate any donor feedback and ensure timely submission of requested feedback and re-submission.
- Ensure that donor timelines and deadlines are monitored, managed, and met for proposal development.
- Maintain a proposal tracker, and ensure regular and timely sharing of formats and requirements with the relevant departments.
- Travel to the field sites as needed to support program reporting/grants management.
To support internal coordination and communication within the Action Against Hunger Nigeria mission:
- Support the Project managers in grant opening, review, and closing meetings, including attendance at meetings when possible.
- Minute regularly internal coordination meetings (weekly coordination meeting, monthly, coordination meetings, kick off meeting etc.).
- Assist with research on funding opportunities, and potential donors, partners, and their strategies.
- Facilitate the dissemination of specific information and documents, as and when required.
- To assist communications and visibility activities of Action Against Hunger Nigeria:
- Develop communications and visibility documents, templates, presentations, videos and other materials in line with Action Against Hunger Nigeria mission strategy as requested.
- Edit case stories, success stories and photographs of beneficiaries for external sharing.
- Assist the Grants Coordinator in providing regular informal updates on projects, by sending pictures and articles on projects progress and/or specific events for Donors/Action Against Hunger Newsletter and Annual Report.
To support filing and archiving of grant documents:
- Ensure comprehensive grant files are maintained up to date and are available for use in both hard and soft copy (proposals, contracts, amendments, reports etc.).
- You have University degree in relevant field (Fundraising, Public Relations, Communications, Development, Humanitarian Aid, International Relations); Masters degree preferred.
- You have at least 3 years of experience working in relief or development programs.
- You have previous successful experience developing projects and writing proposals and/or reports for public and/or private donors.
- You have knowledge of main donor regulations and priorities, including USAID, DFID, EU, UN and ECHO;
- You are fluent in English.
- You are Detail oriented, organized, and able to manage competing urgent requests and priorities.
- You are experienced in proposal writing and donor reporting.
- You have experience in project cycle management.
- You have the ability to work in a multicultural context and be a team player.
Our Core Values:
- In this position, you are expected to demonstrate Action Against Hunger-USA-USA’s five core competencies
- Respect- we work with compassion and dedication, treating everyone the same way we expect them to treat us.
- Integrity-we believe that being honest and fair is integral to every aspect of our work; conducting our work with a spirit of sincerity, truthfulness and transparency is imperative.
- Creativity-we encourage new ideas, embrace innovative solutions, and create opportunities for meaningful and exciting ways to do our jobs and provide solutions to address the needs of the populations we serve.
- Excellence- we strive to provide services that meet, and even exceed, the expectations of our stakeholders (populations in need, staff, communities and donors).
- Empowerment- we are committed to fostering an environment in which our staff, partners and communities where we work have the space to grow, develop and feel confident about participating.
Action Against Hunger values its employees and offers a comprehensive remuneration and benefits package. These include but are not limited to:
- Health Insurance
- R&R Breaks
- Paid annual leave (vacation)
- Training opportunities
- Child allowance
- For an all-inclusive list of benefits check the Action Against Hunger Website.
- All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated resume and both must be in the same language as this vacancy note.
- This advert may close before the due date once we receive applications from qualified candidates.
- We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Action Against Hunger-USA complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.