Poshbase Limited is recruiting on behalf of a Power Engineering Solutions Company, to fill the position above.
- As a Graduate Electrical Engineer, your role includes design specification of all manner of electrical engineering systems for Infrastructure development projects across Building Electrical Services, Community/City Electrification, Electrical Power Infrastructure (of all types), and Street Lighting projects such as; lighting (internal, external, street and emergency), power (generation, HV/LV distribution, small power layouts and schedules), fire alarms, communication systems, lightning protection and written specifications and also mentor graduate engineers.
- This role requires extremely high level of technical engineering creativity and solutions mindset, attention to detail, project management and business development skills.
- The successful Senior Electrical Engineer will be a professional, ambitious, competent engineer and looking for a long-term challenging role.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct electrical services site survey;
- Design of power (generation, HV/MV/LV distribution, small power layouts and schedules), lightning protection and written specifications focused in HV/MV/LV voltage applications;
- Design and specification development for electrical power infrastructures and distribution systems, low voltage systems (DBs, Panels, etc.) and extra low voltage systems (fire alarm, communication, security, etc.), and lighting (internal, external, street and emergency);
- Design experience with Roadway, Highway Bridges and, Interchange lighting and control, and Street Lighting Infrastructures;
- Assist the team to deliver all set engineering deliverables (e.g., drawings, specifications, analysis and reports) comply with applicable regulations, standards, corporate procedures and sound engineering practices.
- Preparation of design report, calculation, drawings, specification, cost estimation and details/ schedules for projects.
- Prepare cost estimates and tenders/proposals to meet all clients’ design expectations;
- Business Development: identify new markets, maintain and build existing markets through constant relationship management and interactions with M&E Consulting organizations;
- Ensure accuracy, completeness and quality of technical information and project documentation in accordance with industry QA/QC programs and standards;
- Work closely with other discipline Engineers, Designers and Project Managers as a key team player within an integrated multi-disciplinary project delivery team;
- Must actively participate in all project delivery activities – manage, organize and participate in multiple work assignments including production support of contract documents as required;
- Liaison with Client/ Architects/ Project Managers / Structural Engineers/ M&E Consultants & Engineer/ QS, etc. to produce the electrical services system design from concept to detail designs.
- Assist Senior Electrical Engineer in liaison for all project document preparation and follow up of authority for submission;
- Assist Project Manager in up-keeping the project ISO quality documentation and records.
- B. Eng. Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field;
- COREN Registered, NEMSA Certification, and NSE Membership is an added advantage;
- Less than 5 years post NYSC hands-on electrical design experience in building and infrastructure projects (candidate with more years of relevant experience would be considered for senior position);
- Ideally the candidate will have a minimum 6 months’ experience in a design consultancy role and/or MEP contractors;
- Proficient use of Revit MEP, AutoCAD MEP, BIM, Amtech, Dialux, and Microstation for design/drafting is an added advantage;
- Good project management and technical skills;
- Experience of working on projects in the following sectors is desirable - Higher Education, Healthcare, Commercial, Luxurious Residences, Industrial and Laboratories.
- Familiar with local code and authority submission procedures;
- Team player and able to work independent with minimal supervision.
Others - Person Specification (Behavioral Attributes):
- Be Decisive - Know how to prioritize, advocate focus and accountability
- Be Impactful - Use clear and frequent communications, drive execution and results.
- Safeguard - To operate ethically and with integrity, while prioritizing safety and security in all that you do
- Be The Role Model - Lead by example, demand excellence, maintain safety and integrity as top priorities.
- Be Client-Focused (Customer-Centric) - Be collaborative, innovative and strategic.
- Kindly state your salary expectations in your application cover letter.
How to Apply?
Please login to see application instructions.