The GM duties shall include providing recommendations to enhance business and financial performance; financial input and leadership for decision making; and monitoring performance of the Company against budget. He/she will also be required to manage the Company’s relationships with relevant stakeholders, vendors, suppliers, customers and partners to ensure that corporate objectives and business effectiveness are achieved. The GM will provide the essential enabling grounds for both the executives and all staff. The individual should be a dynamic and experienced professional who has worked in a leadership position in a Mass Retail and Hospitality organization and can demonstrate the ability to deliver results in a complex and challenging environment.
The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate excellent administrative, strategic, and technical management skills. he/she will work collaboratively with the Executive Chairman in leading the emergence of the organization from the startup stage to a more mature organization capable of delivering on its short, medium and long-term vision.
- Collaborate with the board and Executive Chairman to refine and implement the strategic plan while ensuring that the budget, staff and priorities are aligned with the Organization's core mission.
- Provide inspirational leadership and direction to all executives, and ensure the continued development and management of a professional and efficient organization.
- Cultivate a strong and transparent working relationship with the Executive Chairman and Board and ensure open communication about the measurement of financial, projections, and impact performance against stated milestones and goals.
- Ensure that the consistent growth and maintenance of Revenues permits the Organization to make continuous progress towards the achievement of its mission.
- Ensure the delivery of high-quality services while managing for current and future growth; Foster cross-departmental collaboration and strengthen internal communications with staff throughout the organization;
- Ensure continuous improvement in the effectiveness and efficiency of the Group's internal processes, systems and controls.
- Ensure the optimal management of the Group's financial, human and material resources to optimize performance and enhance output
- Oversee the development of the company’s corporate budget, including effective allocation and utilization of financial resources in line with business objectives
- Coordinate the identification of risks and medium to long term financial implications of intended corporate projects/initiatives, and provide relevant advice to the company’s executive management and the Board to ensure maximum value is realized
- Ensure the establishment and implementation of an effective internal control system within the Company
- Implement and maintain quality systems and ensure continuous improvement of methodologies with specific focus on growth, cost reduction and process improvements.
- Perform all other tasks as assigned by the Executive Chairman and Board of Directors Requisite skills.
- Ability to guide inter-team and inter-organizational collaborations and effectively relate with a diversity of individuals.
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills and the experience and proclivity to be an outgoing spokesperson, relationship builder, and fundraiser; Able to speak and write effectively and compellingly.
- Ability to create a work environment in which learning is continuous and staff feel comfortable taking risks to help the Company meet its mission.
- A financially savvy, entrepreneurial and a politically astute leader with the ability to set clear priorities, delegate, and guide investment decisions.
- Must have a University degree or its equivalent in any discipline. An MBA is an added advantage.
- At least 10 years work experience, 8 years of which must be at Senior Management level in a Mass
- Retail, FMCG or Hospitality industries.
- Experience in understanding and analyzing Financial and Sales Reports.
- Negotiation skills.
- Good Interpersonal and Communication Skills.
- Result oriented and ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent business acumen with a pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- Strong leadership, supervisory and people management skills.
- Good sense of judgment.
- High level of integrity.
- High level of initiative and good attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Demonstrate sound ethical values.