A consulting firm seeks qualified candidates to fill this role
Reports to: Managing Director
The general manager will be expected to plan, organize, lead and control the daily operations of the business and facilitate its long term growth. This person will be responsible for strategy and overall performance in accordance with Ecoways’ mission statement, including maximization of financial performance, customer satisfaction, and staff development within established standards.
- General Scope of Work: These will be expected of every team member
- Assisting the organization in its promotion/customer engagement, administrative duties, and service delivery
- Participating in Monday outlook meetings and daily status meetings using daily logs
- Participating in quarterly strategic meetings to review feedback on the organization’s strategic performance
- Complying with professional standards including but not limited to non-disclosure of confidential information, assignment of intellectual property, and non-conflict of interest
- Specialized Scope of Work: These will be expected from the specific roles as follows
- Business Development
- Engages with the Managing Director in the development and implementation of a clear strategic plan designed to grow the business.
- Looks to the future of the business and makes key investments and investment recommendations
- Oversees the designing and implementation of business workflows and procedures.
- Oversees key outsourcing, hiring and talent development initiatives
- Builds company image by collaborating with customers, government, community organizations, and employees; enforcing ethical business practices.
- Operations Management
- Oversees day-to-day execution of marketing, sales, and operational activities, producing results that meet or exceed the business plan.
- Supports the development of a healthy internal culture that retains key employees and encourages their professional development.
- Provides leadership at all levels of the organization by embodying the company vision and values
- Implements and maintains effective open-door communication system that crosses functional lines in order to reach all employees for sharing information and opinions
- Ensures overall delivery and quality of Ecoways’ offerings to customers by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Coordinates the development of key performance goals
- Supervises and appraises job results of direct reporting staff according to overall company policy
- Reviews performance data (financial, sales and operations) to monitor and measure productivity, goal progress and activity levels. Device plans for improvement.
- Prepares performance reports (financial, sales, and operations) for Managing Director that clearly explains operational effectiveness, trends and variances.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives to increase business efficiency.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor's Business Administration, and other related fields with a minimum of 3 years’ experience. A Masters in Business Administration (MBA) and/or project management certification will be an added advantage
- Other requirements: knowledge of business and management principles and practices, knowledge of strategic planning, knowledge of human resource management principles and procedures, knowledge of basic economic and accounting principles and practices, knowledge of office administrative procedures, interpersonal savvy, excellent communication skills, proficiency in use of Microsoft Office Applications especially Excel and PowerPoint, and organizational/project management skills