- Responsible for the overall profitability of the business.
- Control of all operational aspects including; revenue growth, profit, operations & production, quality, product development, health & safety, finance and compliance within assigned company’s policy and vision
- Develop, review and improve Manufacturing and administrative systems, policies, and procedures.
- Prepare an annual manufacturing plan and policy guidelines to drive the performance of key result areas on production activities and continuous implementation monitoring.
- Proactively monitor sales and distribution activities to ensure an efficient and adequate supply of finished goods and optimum deployment of transportation to facilitate distribution to customers.
- Optimally make sure that manufacturing units improve on the standard and efficiency in terms of Machine efficiencies, material yields, labor and overhead costs against budget.
- Ensure quality standards are maintained at all times without conflict with cost optimization.
- Implement a Plant Performance Tracking System which includes the key performance indicators covering manufacturing, commercial, engineering, quality assurance, manpower levels, and finance.
- Monitor materials usage at the plant and ensure wastage and losses are minimal and not in excess of set standards.
- Identify new strategic opportunities for growth.
- Oversee the planning and implementation of an effective preventive engineering maintenance schedule in line with budgeted costs.
- Oversee the cost-effective management of all outsourced transportation service in consistence with budgeted levels of costs.
- Develop and nurture a dynamic and competent workforce through a robust performance-driven culture.
- Provide strategic leadership, team spirit, and the drive to ensure the achievement of company objectives across all reporting activities.
- Conduct industry and company analysis, including market research, financial statement analysis, and building and maintaining financial and operational models.
- Analyze key industry trends and market conditions.
Qualification and Requirements:
- A first degree- B.Sc./HND.
- A post-graduate degree in a relevant field will be an advantage.
- Membership of relevant professional bodies
- Minimum of 12 years of working experience in the manufacturing space, with at least 5 years in a senior management position.
- Strong Leadership/Coaching skill
- Communication skill
- High interpersonal skill
- Effective Problem Solving and Decision Making skill
- Result and Profit Oriented
- Ability to take initiative
Job Specific Competencies:
- Higher profitability mindset
- Effective management of sales operations
- Effectiveness in managing production operation.
- Effectiveness in waste management.
- Timeliness in production starts up.
- Performance of Quality policies.
- Effective management of production equipment.
- Has high standards for work quality, attention to detail and accuracy
- Has the ability to think strategically and effectively communicate and execute.