REPORTS TO: Managing Director / Owner
The General manager is responsible for all aspects of operations at the hotel, day-to-day staff management and guests. He / She should be an ambassador for the hotel. Provide leadership and strategic planning to all departments in support of our service culture, maximize operations and guest satisfaction. Work Very closely with the hotel owners and other stake holders.
Responsible for managing the Hotel’s management team (HOD's) and overall hotel targets to deliver an excellent Guest experience. A General Manager would also be required to be the chief sales and marketing manager and manage between profitability and guest satisfaction measures.
- Oversee the operations functions of the hotel, as per the Organizational chart.
- Hold regular briefings and meetings with all head of departments.
- Ensure full compliance to Hotel operating controls, SOP’s, policies,
- Lead all key property issues including capital projects, customer service and refurbishment.
- Handle complaints, and oversee the service recovery procedures.
- Responsible for the preparation, presentation and subsequent
- achievement of the hotel's annual Operating Budget, Marketing & Sales Plan/campaign and Capital Budget.
- Manage on-going profitability of the hotel, ensuring revenue and guest
- satisfaction targets are met and exceeded.
- Ensure all decisions are made in the best interest of the hotels and management.
- Deliver hotel budget goals and set other short and long term strategic goals for the property.
- Develop improvement actions, carry out costs savings.
- A strong understanding of P&L statements and the ability to react with impactful strategies
- Closely monitor the hotel’s business reports on a daily basis and take decisions accordingly.
- Ensure that monthly financial outlooks for Rooms, Food & Beverage,
- Admin & General, on target and accurate.
- Maximize room yield and hotel’s revenue through innovative sales
- practices and yield management programs.
- Prepare a monthly financial report for the owners and stake holders.
- Draw up plans and budget (revenues, costs, etc.) for the owners.
- Helping in the procurement of operating supplies and equipment, and contracting with third-party vendors for essential equipment and services.
- Act as a final decision maker in hiring key staff.
- Coordination with HODs for the execution of all activities and functions.
- Oversee and manage all departments and working closely with department
- heads on a daily basis.
- Manage and develop the Hotel Executive team to ensure career
- progression and development.
- Be accountable for the responsibilities of department heads and take ownership of all guest complaints.
- Provide effective leadership to hotel team members.
- Lead in all aspects of business planning.
- Respond to audits to ensure continual improvement is achieved.
- Champion new client acquisition and ensure corporate client handling.
- Responsible for safeguarding the quality of operations both (internal & external audits).
- Responsible for legalization, Occupational Health & Safety, fire regulations and other legal requirements.
- Any other related responsibility that owner may assign from time to time
The ideal candidate is a seasoned and highly intelligent hotel professional with outstanding management skills and extensive hands-on experience. Available to work when needed, including weekends, holidays, and nights.
A university degree in hotel management or a related field with Experience in opening, managing or re-positioning a hotel with clear track record. Excellent computer system skills.
At least 8 to 10 years’ experience in the hospitality industry with a reputable hotel, ideally including experience in remote locations. Minimum of 4 to 6 years of experience as a General Manager or Asst. General Manager.
Note: Female candidates - nationals and expatriates alike (especially Kenyans)
are encouraged to apply. Accommodation and feeding available.